30Day Squat Challenge

mylilhuskyboyICE

So I watched people do this challenge over youtube ect & its been really popular on fb, instagram & twitter so I figured why not.

The REASON I've decided to attempt it LOL - is because I saw an old friend recently & he's extremely honest & blunt and basically said I've let myself go since we last saw eachother (we always keep eachother looking our best by throwing the "ohhh u look great" friendline out of the window LOL) soooo I've decided I'm going to start looking after myself a bit more & get back into shape. Walking ice isn't good enough so I've decided I'm going to try this challenge.

Has anyone else heard of it, done it before?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually do 2-300 squats every few days (the most I've done in one go is 1200) for my martial arts and gymnastics classes. The first thing you need to know, learn how to do a good squat, if you don't, you are going to wreck your knees very quickly (trust me, I've done it). You need to stick your bum behind, keep your back straight and do not let you knees move forwards or inwards as you squat down (I find keeping my toes off the floor really helps me keep my weight in the correct place). Once you've got that down, do them in small sets, remember to do a quick warm up before you do it just to warm up your muscles a little (jogging on the spot works well), do the squats nice and slow so you don't hurt your kness and keep the good technique. When you are done, stretch your quads, calves and back because you are going to hurt like hell for the next month because squatting isn't easy but it's worth it.

Hmmmmmmmn. I bend down a lot to pick up dog poop when I walk the dogs, does that count?! [emoji14]

Tbh you'd most likely find me doing an exercise video whilst simultaneously eating a donught (what can I say, it's a talent! ;) )so im probably not the best person to talk about squatting! :rofl:

Good luck though! ?

i saw somebody share it on fb but I hadn't even cotonsidered trying to do it, I probably should though, I met a girl I used to go to school with and she was like oh I didn't recognise you, girls are a lot politer lol what she was probally thinking was wow you've gained weight, although in my head I can justify it coz she had gained weight too, its a terrible thing what age does to us, plus I had a baby so I think it slows down the metabolism, only for some people though, the likes of emma get to stay skinny! another reason why I don't like her! :P 

My Main reason being you werent Online and in Chat when i was there earlier

Sorry. Have finally got round to reading the last book in the 50 shades trilogy. Have been glued to it all evening! [emoji1]

Sorry. Have finally got round to reading the last book in the 50 shades trilogy. Have been glued to it all evening! [emoji1]

Wehey i havnt actually read them i must get onto it! Ive just being catching up on my friends success in ireland she's be on tv and in a lot of papers over here so trying to catch up on it all :)

So I watched people do this challenge over youtube ect & its been really popular on fb, instagram & twitter so I figured why not.

The REASON I've decided to attempt it LOL - is because I saw an old friend recently & he's extremely honest & blunt and basically said I've let myself go since we last saw eachother (we always keep eachother looking our best by throwing the "ohhh u look great" friendline out of the window LOL) soooo I've decided I'm going to start looking after myself a bit more & get back into shape. Walking ice isn't good enough so I've decided I'm going to try this challenge.

Has anyone else heard of it, done it before?

I've been trying... multiple times... to drop some weight and go down a few jeans sizes the conventional way. Treadmill runs, stationary bike (whatever you call that thing), elliptical machine, anything you can find in a gym. The thing is, I have low blood sugar and strenuous exercise leaves me dizzy, nauseous and having trouble maintaining balance. What I do is walk the dog in a faster pace (kept him jogging but not galloping) and monitor what I eat. Replace your snacks with avocado and/or banana. Swap sodas with fruit juice. I did not do any scientific research to prove my method as efficient, but I did drop 2-3 kilos. I still don't qualify to be Victoria's Secret Angel, but at least I can put on my old jeans without a hassle. Point is; it's more of what you eat. Exercise is important too, but what's going on in the kitchen adds to it.

I've been trying... multiple times... to drop some weight and go down a few jeans sizes the conventional way. Treadmill runs, stationary bike (whatever you call that thing), elliptical machine, anything you can find in a gym. The thing is, I have low blood sugar and strenuous exercise leaves me dizzy, nauseous and having trouble maintaining balance. What I do is walk the dog in a faster pace (kept him jogging but not galloping) and monitor what I eat. Replace your snacks with avocado and/or banana. Swap sodas with fruit juice. I did not do any scientific research to prove my method as efficient, but I did drop 2-3 kilos. I still don't qualify to be Victoria's Secret Angel, but at least I can put on my old jeans without a hassle. Point is; it's more of what you eat. Exercise is important too, but what's going on in the kitchen adds to it.

This a thousand times. When you do a lot of exercise you want to eat more and a lot of people end up eating junk food. One of the simplest ways to lose a little weight is to switch to just drinking water. Watch your carb intake, that really screws with your body and count caleries, you can't lose weight if you aren't in a deficit. Also do something extra a day, maybe just take the stairs at work or something if you aren't healthy enough to start doing much more. You will see a difference just doing simple things. Even just ditching the car and walking to the shops is awesome.

I train a lot though, I've been doing martial arts for 12+ years, I started out as a fat kid, lost all the weight eating well and training. I now go running a few times a week on my own or with a friend, go to gymnastics twice a week during term time (3 hour classes), do martial art classes twice a week, teach others martial arts on my days off training and now I'm walking/running with the dog as well! I don't look that healthy though, I'm still losing my injury weight. I've lost quite a bit, but I've still got some more to do.

Hmmmmmmmn. I bend down a lot to pick up dog poop when I walk the dogs, does that count?! [emoji14]

Tbh you'd most likely find me doing an exercise video whilst simultaneously eating a donught (what can I say, it's a talent! ;) )so im probably not the best person to talk about squatting! :rofl:

Good luck though! ?

To add to this emma spends he time struggling to stay on her feet ( shes the local drunk on here ) [emoji2]