A Rather Rude Request

Emma

And before you ask, no it wasn't made by me.....for a change! ?

Paul was walking Bear last night and some woman behind him stops him and points to Bear. "Ooh is she an American Akita?" She asks. Paul said no idea but most likely got some in her.

The lady nods and says "yes, I thought so. I've got an 11 month old male at home. Would you like to breed her?!"

Paul politely declined but the funny thing was Bear decided that now would be a great time to jump forward and give the lady a big deep "wooof!" Almost as if to say "how very dare you!!!" Lmao.

Believe it or not this is the first time someone's stopped us about this. I honestly can't believe the audacity of some people! ?

It's really shocking the things people will say and think its normal isn't it?!

"Bear telling her to woof off!" Love that phrase!!! Will have to remember it for future use! Had me in stitches. :rofl:

My reply to these people is usually. . . .

" No I have a pet not a money making breeding machine"

I'd take it as a compliment from someone who is probably uneducated. They saw him and how handsome he is and just thought having more of him in the world would be nice. There are a lot of people in the world that have no concept of how much time, effort, and risk it is to breed dogs and the huge amount of dogs in the world that get over bred and have no homes. Just think of it as a really really really terrible way for her to say she thought he was a fine specimen, lol. It's rather silly though, can you imagine a woman walking up to a random man in a park somewhere and saying "Hey, you are rather good looking, would you like to in pregnant me?" Omg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG indeed! Since I always picture the dog as a son of mine, it feels really weird when somebody walks up and asks whether I plan to breed him. In my ears, they're saying; "your son is so handsome! I have a beautiful daughter so do you want to let them have beautiful children??" Uh... no.

• 2 weeks later...