Surge And Scout

LightningStruck

A few pictures of the evening walk. Right now we are walking at short intervals (20 min or so) several times a day. Whenever they seem to get bored. Mixed in with some time playing in the yard. Here are few shots from us stopping by the nearby rope swing to let my second oldest (lol, not the middle) mess around for a bit and out digging in the yard.

2upu3u3u.jpg5ajudune.jpgtyru6ahu.jpg8eby4uzy.jpgzy8uta7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! We're enjoying it, but as much as I enjoy it, I cannot wait til this very first phase is over. You know, the whole completely ignoring anything you say phase, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahahaha, to be honest, I don't think that'll ever end with a husky ;) chad is seven months old and he still has "selective hearing" if you know what I mean ;)

I agree with Baylee LOL that phase is never gonna end! My boy is five, and probably the most obedient Husky I've ever met. BUT he still only obeys you when he feels like it. Other than that, it's a big fat "whatever" :shrug:

EDIT: I love puppy tails :wub: cute little cat-like tails :wub:

I agree with Baylee LOL that phase is never gonna end! My boy is five, and probably the most obedient Husky I've ever met. BUT he still only obeys you when he feels like it. Other than that, it's a big fat "whatever" :shrug:

EDIT: I love puppy tails :wub: cute little cat-like tails :wub:

hahaha, I'm nervous even about it. I need to work on recall so badly, and even though everyone said it's hopeless, I don't think it is. ;) good luck, dear! hehe.

me toooo, but the fluffy ones when they're older are pretty also ;) hehe.

Recall is a very important command. I reinforce my dog's recall again and again, every single time I have a treat in my hands. What people call "hopeless" is getting your dog to come back to you when he escapes just by calling his name. It is just... I don't know, maybe if it's the dog's first escape and he's just a baby he'd come back. But Diamond is 100% deaf when he escapes. So are most Huskies I've met! Still, he needs to learn recall. At least I can get him to my feet from across the room :shrug:

Recall is a very important command. I reinforce my dog's recall again and again, every single time I have a treat in my hands. What people call "hopeless" is getting your dog to come back to you when he escapes just by calling his name. It is just... I don't know, maybe if it's the dog's first escape and he's just a baby he'd come back. But Diamond is 100% deaf when he escapes. So are most Huskies I've met! Still, he needs to learn recall. At least I can get him to my feet from across the room :shrug:

that makes me super nervous considering the two dogs next door :( I'm gonna make sure they listen.. chad comes to his name 100% when he's escaped, but I don't think he's ever had any distractions. he just goes and sits in the front yard.. haha. maybe paisley will be good, too. I hope !

Very, very cute!!!  and of course I'm laughing at "second oldest" :) 

Did they ever find the bottom of that hole, did they ever find what was in it??

Seriously, if they aren't reliably coming to you now when you call them - which they should do as pups - you can pretty much hang up recall when they get older.  Both of mine will come to me - when they're good and ready and if there are no distractions, but reliable recall, dream on!!

They have definitely not found what they were looking for, because they have proceeded to dig teeny holes every fifteen feet or so all around. Apparently they are missing a piece of the treasure map, lol. Their recall has gotten MUCH better, though I was never really planning on reliable recall. I just would like mostly reliable. Surge is the vocal one and woo's and jabbers a lot. Scout is the noser that has to sniff everything twenty times. Surge likes to dash off in a mad sprint and Scout likes to dig more. They are so very different. Surge will cuddle more, and Scout seeks out the other dogs more to hang out with them. He still cuddles, just not as often or as much. He also has a more stubborn streak and it's more difficult to distract him once he has focused on something. Like trying to Houdini into a certain off limits space or something. They both do it, but once told no, Surge will quit and be done and Scout will wait just long enough for you to not be looking and is back at it. He doesn't give up for anywhere between fifteen and thirty minutes. It's insane. But then again, Surge is the one already jumping baby gates. He only jumps them to get into a room if the room has people in it, but we're working on that issue. Anyhow.... That was a longer explanation then I planned! Sorry! Lol. But they're doing fab and hopefully more pictures sometime soon.

Sent from my iPhone inbetween walking dogs!

• 2 weeks later...