Protesting / Arguing ?

^Aurora^

Auroras always taken quite well to general training and understands a lot of what I'm asking her to do however recently she has started protesting or arguing with me lol.

If I ask her to sit she starts howling at me, go to bed has the same affect as well as nearly any other question lol. It's not a major issue as she's just quite talkative and I quite like that about her.

Just want to check what it means with huskies?

It normally only takes me to say it a second time before she does it but very often she continues to howl as she goes lol it's not in any way vicious just chatting. So is it normal for huskies to want to discuss what you are asking before they do it? Lol

X

Mine do it already. And because they respond I find myself having an entire conversation about whatever I asked them to do. It makes me feel so silly. "Well, I don't care what you want to do, I told you to stay out of the bathroom." Don't get me wrong, I talk to my dogs anyway, but this is the first time they have answered back quite so vocally and had it actually sound like that's exactly what is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do keep in mind though, non Husky owners would tell you that she needs to be disciplined :shrug: just tell them she got a screw loose :lol:

Lol a bit like her owner then. Yeah I've had a few looks when she's done it to me when we are out at the park. Suppose and could seem a little scary to people who aren't used to them?

Mine do it already. And because they respond I find myself having an entire conversation about whatever I asked them to do. It makes me feel so silly. "Well, I don't care what you want to do, I told you to stay out of the bathroom." Don't get me wrong, I talk to my dogs anyway, but this is the first time they have answered back quite so vocally and had it actually sound like that's exactly what is happening.

I do the same lol my son asked her to get off the sofa yesterday which she did and then sat in front of him chatting and I could hear him saying ' mum will send you to bed if you keep arguing with me' lol

My oldest son thinks it is an absolute riot. He laughed for a good fifteen minutes earlier when the boys (pups) started acting crazy right before everyone's bedtime and raced all over and got into a hundred things. All I said was "I have had enough. You will lay down this instant." Surge immediately laid down, but the whole time he whined/muttered at me. My son could not believe that the dogs understood what I was saying to them. It was hard not to laugh right along with him.

Khaleesi does it all the time and I find myself saying "I don't know what you want?!" to her a lot!

With general obedience I find that if a deal is mutually beneficial she's all for it, but if she doesn't see what she will get out of it she's not gonna do it...we have to bribe her with food A LOT!