Do You Talk To Your Computer ?

Dunc

I don't mean swearing at it when it goes wrong although that does happen a lot......

A few months ago I started using google https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl on my phone and of late its become very good after some major updates on their part ask it for almost anything and If it does not talk back to you which it often does it generally finds you connected websites just as if you'd typed them in and I find it great :) I can ask my phone to take me home and it turns nav on and maps comes straight up and navigates me straight there, just say Asda ( Wal-mart to you ) and it comes up with a list of them and asks me if I'd like to call them or navigate there :) anyway you get the idea and I love using it :)

My question was do you talk to your computer ? 

Well I have started to more and more just lately the same way I do with my phone works exactly the same way as the phone ( apart from nav ov ) and its so much easier than typing everything out all the time :)

The other thing I use quite a bit is Skype same reason I much more enjoy talking to someone than sitting in a chatroom  :)

So anyone else or is it just me ?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talk to my phone all the time. Mine is an iPhone, so I have Siri and I have been doing it for ages. I don't use voice commands on my computer, but I literally type a mile a minute and probably type as fast as I can talk, if not faster. Skype I absolutely adore and I use it to connect with friends for a multitude of things that we otherwise could not enjoy together because of our locations. We even watch movies together by streaming the same thing at the same time and talking to each other during it. I have it on both my computer and mobile.

On a completely irrelevant side note, your Walmart type store is called Asda? I did not at all know that. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I talk to my phone all the time. Mine is an iPhone, so I have Siri and I have been doing it for ages. I don't use voice commands on my computer, but I literally type a mile a minute and probably type as fast as I can talk, if not faster. Skype I absolutely adore and I use it to connect with friends for a multitude of things that we otherwise could not enjoy together because of our locations. We even watch movies together by streaming the same thing at the same time and talking to each other during it. I have it on both my computer and mobile.

On a completely irrelevant side note, your Walmart type store is called Asda? I did not at all know that. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah our Asda is owned by Walmart :)

I only talk to my computer to go away and make some babies...I do however use smartvoip for international business calls but then that calls my phone first then calls the other....

Tbh I'm not on speaking terms with Siri anymore because he is an idiot.

I've never really been a fan of voice recognition technology, I much prefer talking to the PC or laptop as at least then I can rant in peace and not end up somewhere completely irrelevant to whatever it was I asked for. Lol.

I use the google one on my phone all the time for stuff now. As you said its seems to recognise more and more with every update. Really handy for asking it simple questions.

I use the google one on my phone all the time for stuff now. As you said its seems to recognise more and more with every update. Really handy for asking it simple questions.

Try it on your Comp Marc same way its very quick and it uses the mic from your webcam once you click allow which you only have to do the once :)

When I'm bored I ask Siri random questions. Does that count lol

Apparently Siri doesn't know if it likes girls or boys or if it wants a baby and it really doesn't like to be sweated at lol

I asked it something (cant say on here family forum and all lol) and it told me to stop being rude I argue with Siri to lol

Wow that makes me sound a little crazy :P

I wonder if that would work for Siri. The last time I asked it to translate a word for me it said "I am sorry, I cannot translate for you, I'm not C3PO."

Sent from my iPhone inbetween walking dogs!

Siri was great when it 1st came out but has never advanced whereas google has massively improved and still is doing :)

Is Google available on things like an iPhone? Or is it android only? My worst pet peeve about Siri is when I accidentally push the button and it heard background noise and claims I said something completely off the wall. Like I will bump it when I get in the car and be telling the kids to put their seatbelts on and Siri will go "I do not know if they fish with worms in Norway." I'm just like... :o

Is Google available on things like an iPhone? Or is it android only? My worst pet peeve about Siri is when I accidentally push the button and it heard background noise and claims I said something completely off the wall. Like I will bump it when I get in the car and be telling the kids to put their seatbelts on and Siri will go "I do not know if they fish with worms in Norway." I'm just like... :o

http://uk.pcmag.com/feature/15799/how-to-get-google-now-on-iphone,-and-8-tips-for-se

Lol! What did it say? Also, I totally looked up "jammy", you goofball. It just means lucky. Jammies over here mean pajamas! I couldn't figure out what a lake had to do with my pajamas!

Ok I try explain if Sue ( my other half ) apart from me being very happy if she won the lottery would probably say something like you're a jammy cow or jammy bitch she would just laugh now if I just called her a bitch I better be running when I said it  :P

And yeah Jammies are pj's here too :)