This Really Bugs Me. People Are Horrible.

Shanstamania

ydarube5.jpg I came across this on my towns Facebook page for animals. This is a pup only 9 weeks old so she's had it for a week and she's trying to sell it again because she's moving?! Pathetic. This poor puppy should have gone to someone who was committed and not about to give up on it only a week later. I see to many of these things happening and it's disgusting. I wish I could take the little guy but I can't :( anyone else see things like this around where they live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awful. How did they not know they were moving? If I had to move id make sure that wherever I moved to they would be able to come with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

That's awful. How did they not know they were moving? If I had to move id make sure that wherever I moved to they would be able to come with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

that's what I asked them. They didn't respond obviously because I called them out on it. It makes me so mad when I see this happen.

*sigh* there are too many ads like this. I just avoid them altogether now. I've even seen a more honest one: "Beagle for sale. I'm bored of him!" =\

that's horrible! Makes me sick really

What's worse is people around here have been stealing/getting dogs off Facebook to put them into dog fights

yeah.. I almost took in a pure white husky pup instead of paisley, because she didn't want her anymore. but I didn't know what was going on because I saw the same add but for different places multiple times. it worried me, so I just didn't do it. but I felt sorry for the pup [emoji17] happens way too often.. people see a cute pup and get them- then realize how much work they are, or get bored, and don't want them. :(

my friend gets them as puppies then puts them in shelters as adults. it makes me furious.

The part that bothers me the most is that people try and get their money back out of them. If it was a genuine emergency, like they had no idea they were going to have to move out and were in a sudden pinch, you would think they would feel guilty enough to not charge someone and just find a good home.

Baylee, between your neighbors and the friend you just mentioned, you need some new friends, girl!

Sent from my iPhone inbetween walking dogs!

The part that bothers me the most is that people try and get their money back out of them. If it was a genuine emergency, like they had no idea they were going to have to move out and were in a sudden pinch, you would think they would feel guilty enough to not charge someone and just find a good home.

Baylee, between your neighbors and the friend you just mentioned, you need some new friends, girl!

Sent from my iPhone inbetween walking dogs!

ugh, tell me about it. that's why I'm here ;) my little town.. is full of selfish idiots. [emoji19]

I agree with Tiffany :( it's the fact that they're asking for money that bugs you. Before I got contacted about Diamond, I almost adopted a six-year old female through my mom's client. At first it sounded like a Cinderella story. "She's old and had had two litters already (retired show dog??) so nobody wants her. Her family can't care for her no more. Please take her..." =\ but then after we got the OK from my dad and brother (the animal haters of the family) the whole story suddenly turns into "she would only cost you $800". We didn't take her in the end, and got phoned about Diamond less than two weeks later. I paid $0 for Dime. THAT is how a real emergency story should go.

Update on pup; apparently he's gone to a lovely couple on a farm somewhere....even if it is a cross breed from a husky I can still see it running if this so called farm doesn't have fences which most here don't. Makes me think no one does research anymore on dog breeds before diving in and buying.

Aw so sad :( I try and avoid reading those pages as there would be no room in my house for me pretty soon if I did!

Round here people get really cross if someone offers a dog free as they are the ones more likely to get taken for bait dogs or people who don't look after them. Although saying that it's normally a donation amout not hundreds!

I move OFTEN. In the last 3 years I have stayed in 4 different homes. I have 3 dogs. My last home was unbearable but I stuck it out until I found a place I could take them with me. There is no way on God's green earth I would ever give up my dogs because I had to move. Never mind sell them. I have no issue paying money for an adoption to a legitimate rescue organization but that fee covers the sterilization and care the animal has had or will get.

Sad truth is, not all people are like our members. passionate about their animals and make them part of the family for their full life. No changing that as sad as it is

We fell out with our landlord (my boyfriend's dad) and he kicked us out. Turns out it was because he wanted to sell the house so picked a fight. But even when we were really struggling to find somewhere to live it didn't even cross our minds to get rid of the dog.  Although the deposit ended up being a grand because of her! x