Roommate; Announced

mydiamond

They announced my room assignment and roommates. They placed me with an Indonesian and an American, in a "transitional room"; meaning one of us would have to move out some time later so each room would only hold two girls. Not sure when "some time later" is, but I am already seeing the odd one out. Uh oh. Why in this ever-loving Earth would they place two Indonesians and one American together? But at least they both look nice. Just hoping I look less of a crazy Husky lady and more of a "commoner" to them!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, I'm sure it'll be fine but to my mind that transitional plan sounds like a good thing.  If for any reason you decide you don't like your roomates, you've got any easy "get out quick" card up your sleeve.  Might work to your advantage. 

Good luck Liv!  :D xxx

'Liv, you will deffo be mad husky girl.

and you'll talk their ears off about Dime and Huskies in general and by the end

of the first semester they will both have pledged to get Huskies. :D

Talked to her. She sounds nice. The Indonesian girl still hasn't accepted my friend request though. Maybe she's not on Facebook anymore. Time difference really made it hard to hold a conversation though. I stayed up late until midnight to send her a message and she only replied at 3 AM (my time). Now at 9 AM, I replied and she's already in bed :facepalm:

I think it will be helpful to have both someone you can feel familiar with and an American that can help with any questions you have about things. But to be honest, I think you won't need much help, you've got most americanisms down already. I'm so excited for you!

Sent from my iPhone inbetween walking dogs!

Yes it is indeed weird LOL when I was in elementary school I remember we swarm any kid that brings a pizza to school. It's a weird mixture of "you show off!" and "darn I want one" LOL

My weight scale won't though! Eek! The last time I visited California I came home with five kilos of extra weight. I only stayed there two weeks! :huskyfall:

Yes it is indeed weird LOL when I was in elementary school I remember we swarm any kid that brings a pizza to school. It's a weird mixture of "you show off!" and "darn I want one" LOL

My weight scale won't though! Eek! The last time I visited California I came home with five kilos of extra weight. I only stayed there two weeks! :huskyfall:

hahahaha, and you won't be walking your pup for an entire year, so that won't help with weight! try not to eat fast food 24/7, that won't help at allll. hahahaha good luck! it'll be fun ;) wish you were coming closer to meee!

Does this "americanism" includes eating burgers and Dr. Pepper every weekend? :P

and root beer :D