Please Help!

CROSEA

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chloe, rereading - in your first message you say "her nose was blocked full of black sticky stuff," is that still the case??  If it is, has anyone taken a really good look at the discharge?

Quoting myself here. Chloe, the reason for the question is that "black anything" is often an indication of blood. Blood from her nose would probably indicate a nick in her lung when they spayed her (though those aren't all that close... ??) If, however, playing devils advocate here, that were the case she would probably have sepsis which they should have seen on one of the other times they had her open.

Hoping such is not the case, but just tossing a thought on the table ....

How is sky doing? I really hope you find answers soon worst feeling when you don't know what to do :(

I don't know what to add other then what Al said have they tested the black muck in her nose?

Maybe ring around to other vets and see if any can give you anything advice or suggestions?

We've got an appointment Tuesday with a vet hospital, has more machines and equipments than the ones we've been using! Fingers crossed!

Sky has eaten for England today, she has ate three cooked sausages, packet of ham and even took a bag of cheese savouries of the kitchen side and ate them all, but I'm not fussed I don't care what she eats as long as she's eating! Its brilliant, may only be a little step but it's better than taking three steps backwards! So happy! Fingers crossed she keeps going up and doesn't go down xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yay! see, I told you never give up on your fur babies ! I'm so happy to hear she's eating again. make sure she keeps plenty of water in her, too.

& obviously let us know how the vet trip goes!

I don't know why, I just have the urge to say congrats.. so, congrats!

hope everything keeps going up for the little girl. good luck, sky!

Fantastic news! One of the side effects of the steroids are an increase in hunger and thirst. In this case, I think it's probably a good thing!

Fingers crossed for continued improvement. [emoji2]

Hi everyone! Yesterday wasn't a good day for Sky like I hoped, she are nothing and drunk nothing.. Last night I sat with her on her bed all night and she had no moved once, this morning her eyes are half closed all the time and she cannot move at all, I'm thinking this is a sign?

I never thought it could be his hard, and feeling sick to the stomach knowing I have to make a decision on what to do, I've arranged for a vet to come out to us today to give their honest opinion, but I thinking Sky is slowly going :( xxx

I'm so sorry to hear she's relapsed. I guess all you can do right now is give her lots of love and wait to see what the vet has to say. Sending out all of my love to you both. you've turned your world upside down fighting to keep your baby girl alive, if there's one thing that's carried her this far, then undoubtedly it's the love and dedication you share together.

Take care and good luck.

:huskyhugs: xxx

I'm sorry to hear of her condition today. It's good that the vet is coming to you today and will give you his honest expert opinion. No matter what, she knows you love her and you are with her to comfort her. It's so hard to make these decisions. Know that we are praying for her and hoping for the best. Much love to you and your sky <3

oh no, keep your head up. I hope she's okay and it's just a temporary relapse. :/ I guess just try to keep her water bowl by her, just in case? definitely keep us updated, though. hugs from Paisley & I. trust me, i know what you're going through. if you need to talk to anyone, I'm here.

She's had some water, I syringe it! Still waiting on the vet to arrive, stupid PDSA refused to email me the notes of Sky so luckily the private vets we went to before had them faxed over from PDSA, So they've kindly emailed me them now, 37 pages worth!

Sounds awful, but wish my baby would just pass away naturally it would be so much easier on my behalf! Will keep you all updated xxx

She's had some water, I syringe it! Still waiting on the vet to arrive, stupid PDSA refused to email me the notes of Sky so luckily the private vets we went to before had them faxed over from PDSA, So they've kindly emailed me them now, 37 pages worth!

Sounds awful, but wish my baby would just pass away naturally it would be so much easier on my behalf! Will keep you all updated xxx

good idea, water is definitely needed no matter what. I know it must be hard to even think in this situation, it was for me. if you don't mind me asking, what is PDSA? and holy crap, that's A LOT of notes.

I understand that, too. it just doesn't seem natural or right to put them to sleep, but I guess in the long run it's the right thing to do if need be. I'm still praying that's not the case, though.

but yes, definitely keep us updated on the sweet girl. good luck to both of you.

PDSA is a vets for people with low income, it's a charity run vets but you still pay just less.

And the private vets who we went to first the owner of it previously worked at the PDSA and he was telling us all the dreadful things they do there, to top it off if I had gotten Sky put down at the PDSA when they called me Friday if I had chosen not to have her ashes back, they put it in dog food?? Anyone else heard of this? It made me sick to the stomach!

After the vets came at least I will know what I have to do, can't have my Skybe being miserable xxx

PDSA is a vets for people with low income, it's a charity run vets but you still pay just less.

And the private vets who we went to first the owner of it previously worked at the PDSA and he was telling us all the dreadful things they do there, to top it off if I had gotten Sky put down at the PDSA when they called me Friday if I had chosen not to have her ashes back, they put it in dog food?? Anyone else heard of this? It made me sick to the stomach!

After the vets came at least I will know what I have to do, can't have my Skybe being miserable xxx

ohh, hmm! we don't have anything like that around here. the PDSA, I mean. would be good if we did, though.

if they really do that, wow that's sick. one, there's no way in this world that that can be good for any of the pets that would eat it (if they even would?). two, I'm pretty sure that's very unsanitary, especially if there was something wrong with the dog. maybe not, since it would be ashes, but you never know. plus, it's way morally wrong. yeah, that thought made me pretty sick to my stomach also. especially imagining it being my own dog.

i don't blame you, I wouldn't want either of my kiddos being miserable either. good luck and I hope the news isn't what we think it is. she's a beautiful little girl.

Fingers crossed for poor little Skye, bless her I had to try very hard not to cry when I saw that last picture of her (I'm at work) - it brought it all back  regarding the hard decision that lies before you - make the best choice for her - my thoughts are with you XX

Chloe, I pretty much agree with one comment you made - if she is going then, if I were you, I'd like it to be naturally and peacefully.  However she goes, it isn't going to be easy to handle emotionally.

I'd talk to the vet when he comes, if she isn't in any apparent pain and responds at all to your talking and petting, I think I'd be of a mind to just let nature take its course.  Maybe that's also my way of saying that while there's any life there's always hope.

I pray that something changes and she gets better - don't we wish that for all our dogs when they're under the weather.  Accepting that we're going to outlive most of them is a part of living with them and it's not easy.

Vet came out and she is adamant that the PDSA know something, or might have damaged something inside of Sky whilst being spade, she explained that even if Sky did have Renal Kidney Failure they wouldn't suggest that she would be put down as many dogs live a normal life with it they are just treated! She's taken bloods and going to wait for the results, she said that a Sky was cold yesterday so she warmed her up and Sky perked up, I'm giving sky water every 20 minutes with a syringe on top of sky drinking water on her own. Food wise, she's not eating much! If bloods come back the same as before we are thinking of the camera down the throat?

But the vet has said she does not recommend putting sky down! So we are going to keep fighting!

Such an up and down, up and down situation! But finally think we've found the right vet for us!

Xxxx