Eventful Night

Husky-gunner

Well just got back from a very eventful night at work.

at 02:30 we had a fantastic thunderstorm start and at 04:20 our store was struck by lightning, all lights went off for 30 seconds or so till the generator kicked in no real damage done to the store but wow it was fantastic got sum cool pics of the storm

y5u4yne4.jpgyny8ezut.jpgenaqata9.jpg

Whooaaa hope nobody got a heart attack because of that! I probably have mentioned this a hundred times before, but a lightning hit directly on my roof once. It sounded like a plane crashed right in front of us and the lights went out immediately. It's like a scene extracted directly from some horror movie.

EDIT: Emma, that is how you take a pic of a thunder bolt :P

Whooaaa hope nobody got a heart attack because of that! I probably have mentioned this a hundred times before, but a lightning hit directly on my roof once. It sounded like a plane crashed right in front of us and the lights went out immediately. It's like a scene extracted directly from some horror movie.

EDIT: Emma, that is how you take a pic of a thunder bolt :P

lol liv it really did sound like a plane had hit the store

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Can't believe your store got struck by lightning, what were the odds of that happening?!

Secondly......I sat out for ages trying to get good pictures of the storm but all I could manage were a few blurry flashes and a flat phone battery! How did you do it?!

Can't believe your store got struck by lightning, what were the odds of that happening?!

Secondly......I sat out for ages trying to get good pictures of the storm but all I could manage were a few blurry flashes and a flat phone battery! How did you do it?!

Tell ya how I did it slow motion cam on my phone and then tuck a screen shot

Tell ya how I did it slow motion cam on my phone and then tuck a screen shot

Ah bugger.  I just sat there pointing the camera up at the sky and tried to hit the button if something flashed, lol.  I was sooooo slow i missed about half a dozen good ones!  lmao.  Did end up getting soaking wet for my efforts though!  :rofl:    the dogs loved it. We all sat outside on the benches and Bear sat up there with us, watching.  Ice on the other hand was running around the garden trying to catch the lightning!  pmsl.  He gave up eventually and laid down with us.  lol.