Neighbours

Removed #5

I'm trying to get a water tank emptied so I can see how badly in need of cleaning they are.  I also mentioned Darrell, the fellow who took me up to Alpine when Sasha bit me last time.  He came over for a little mutual help - I helped him fill his tank, he helped me empty one of mine.  That's him on the trailer:

post-5355-0-14582000-1405992428_thumb.jp

But while we were playing with the water, I noticed this other neighbour that was out playing around in the sunshine - and I said I'd get a picture of one of them next time I saw one ... so what is he / she???

post-5355-0-40453200-1405992510.jpg

Well to be fair Baylee that's not a spider. That's a tarantula :lol:

isn't a tarantula just like.. a kind of spider ? I mean it does have eight legs. I don't know, either way, they freak me out. and the biggest spiders we have around here are probably no bigger than my thumb nail.. and that's saying a lot since I'm barely five foot tall :P

LOL well first of all, for a tarantula, being 2 inch wide is totally justifiable. On the other hand if a common house spider grows to be 2 inch wide I'd smack them with the Oxford dictionary as opposed to the traditional magazine! They do belong to the same class which is Arachnid but this class alone consists of many different families (not sure how much but surely more than one!) :) so they're quite different.

LOL well first of all, for a tarantula, being 2 inch wide is totally justifiable. On the other hand if a common house spider grows to be 2 inch wide I'd smack them with the Oxford dictionary as opposed to the traditional magazine! They do belong to the same class which is Arachnid but this class alone consists of many different families (not sure how much but surely more than one!) :) so they're quite different.

and all of this information previously stated is just further reason I will not be visiting Texas (sorry Al), along with the heat! way too much for me. I would smack any eight-legged creature two inches long, honestly. [emoji15] but that's using my weapon of choice, my shoe. [emoji23]

To answer the question about size, I've seen them big enough to fill a mans hand and hang off a bit so I'm guessing between 4 and 5 inches across.  I was wondering if anyone knew the "breed?"  of this baby.

By and large we've got a good group of folks living out here.  Like anywhere we've got some I won't give the time of day but most are willing to help when help's needed - mostly we all just want to be left alone.