New Addition

Clare70

As mentioned in a previous thread we had the chance of rescuing a female malamute. Her past and age info is sketchy but it would appear she was abandoned. She had a chip in place but her details have never been registered, they've guessed her age at around 4 years old.

I made a 500 mile trip today taking along my Harrydog to see if they got on. Harry was a little shy to begin with and it didn't help it was extremely hot.

Any ways, I'm now making the return journey as I write this with not just one furbag but two. I'll post some pics tomorrow after I've had some sleep, but for now please welcome Maiya, our 34kg, black and white mal. :)

Clare are you just a glutton for punishment or what???  But congratulations for adding one more to your pack!!

Just a thought, even if the dog wasn't registered with the chip, they should be able to give you a vet to whom they sold the chip and from there you might be able to get some more information .... possibly???

Thanks. We are still on way home so snowy hasn't met her yet, but I think they'll hit it off. She and harry met outside in an enclosure at the rescue centre. Harry was very shy, not sure of how to behave. Maiya really wanted to be friends, then had an attack of the zoomies :)

On the way to the Eurotunnel we called into my parents in laws house for a quick hello and cup of tea, up to this point the dogs had been fine, not really having the need to be too close to each other. After wed been inside for a while harry turned round and attacked maiya for absolutely no reason. It was all over quite quickly, more noise than anything else but she did protect herself and in doing so has drawn blood on the back of Harry's head. Since then they've sort of kept out of each others way and aren't together whilst travelling. Just hope its an isolated incident :(

Well done Clare for Rescuing this poor girly.

You're  likely to have more than a few 'Spats' as they get to know each other.

At first it may be simple scuffles over toys or water bowls or food, being protective of you as well.

Then will be the challenge for dominance this will likely be more serious and prolonged.

However they will settle,

It took Echo and Darwin 2 1/2 years to become friends. 

Congratulations Clare!

Agree with Andy, there might be a few more arguments so doing the basics like removing all toys should hopefully limit the things they can get into a fight over.

Good luck my dear, you must be exhausted, that's one long road trip! [emoji8]

I am home! Exhausted!

Thanks for your kind words, Andy he's a she :)

I agree she has some husky in her, she also seems more of a puppy than a four year old.

Maiya and snowy have been getting on really well, they've been chasing each other round the house. She's been barrel rolling him, I feel for him a bit as she's huge compared to him but he seems to enjoy it :). Harry has been hiding himself away, but then that's usual for him, he is quite a loner.

She's had 2 accidents already, then snow had one, so wer are having to go back to basics with her until she gets it. She responds to her name already so I think she's pretty smart.

I'm pretty shattered from a 1000 mile round trip in 24 hours in 30 degrees plus temps, I think we will all.benefit from a fee days rest and recuperation :)

Thanks for your kind words, Andy he's a she :)

LOL Sorry . . . should've gone to Specsavers :P