How Do You Refer To Your Dogs To Outsiders?

BlueWolf

I always wondered that, especially those with multiple huskies. When I had two I always talked about 'Glala and Dana'. But now with Wodak added it's kind of hard to keep saying 'Glala, Dana and Wodak' all the time so I find myself referring to them as 'the dogs' or 'the huskies', and on a few occasions 'The farm'  :lol:

So how do you refer to your pack to outsiders, both dog people and non-dog people?

I may use the term "the dog" here very often, but in real life I never say that. Maybe it's a language thing though. Instead, I use "the child" which in my local language is equivalent to the standard "him". Still, it is never meant to be used to refer to an animal. So sometimes I get funny looks, but whatever :D Between conversation with close friends (aka people who have chosen to accept that I'm Husky-crazy) he's "my child". Oh and since my local language puts a lot of "the" in front of things sometimes I call him "the Diamond" as well

This makes no sense but I refer to my dog as "the goat". I accidentally caught myself talking about the goat park the other day, meaning the dog park and the other person looked at me like I was crazy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

This makes no sense but I refer to my dog as "the goat". I accidentally caught myself talking about the goat park the other day, meaning the dog park and the other person looked at me like I was crazy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

sorry Emily I got to LOL :rofl: calling your own dog a certain nickname is one thing but to call the dog park "the goat park"! :rofl:

so Emma do I want to know what do you call a dog park? :P

Our Baby Girl.... makes people wonder how two people in the late 50's have a baby, lol

Some days we refer to our Kallie as the Diva B@*@*ch, for reasons that we all know.

• 3 weeks later...

The Dawgs, the pack, the boys n girls (even though I only have one boy, sounds wierd saying Boy and Girls)

The monsters