Vacuums ....

Removed #5

Yeh, well I joke about letting the wind take the dog fur out of the house but decided that it was time to get a vacuum that might actually work.  So I've invested in a shop-vac and today put it to work.  Now it's only a couple of gallons but after I emptied it the fifth! time I decided that maybe I need to use it more often.

I'll admit that I filled it once under the couch! (ouch!!) and once again under and behind my recliner but that's still a lot of hair just blowing around in the wind!!!

The other vacuum I've tried to use is a Bissell - where the hose joins onto the body of the vacuum it takes a 90 bend and I can't keep it from clogging up ... maybe if I used it a little more often it wouldn't be as bad, but trying to get the hair out of the elbow is the pits!!!

Yeh, well, I keep looking around "I know I vacuumed there!!!" but there's fresh <??> hair in the corner and under the recliner and I tilted it back so I could get it all!!  And neither of mine are shedding at the moment!!!!  Where's it come from???????????

Might be one or two of your own ?

I was looking at the Dyson animal.

However at £350 it was actually cheaper to rip the carpet out and put laminate wood flooring down only £180

so much easier to sweep and mop in 10-15 minutes as opposed to over an hour scrubbing at the carpet trying to get every hair up with a vacuum

Yeh, but Dan Haggerty wasn't - he's got a couple of years on me, he was born in 1941 and was 33 when he filmed "The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams"!

But on that note, I wish I looked as good as he does in "Big Stan" (when he was 66)

you put yourself down m8 bet you still look great for your age :)

you put yourself down m8 bet you still look great for your age :)

Remember the picture of the "Bog Mummy" - did you look at that??  He looks better than I do!!! 

Though "The Master" (Dan Carradine in Big Stan) does bear a resemblance!

Edited by Al Jones