Does Your Dog Play Hide And Seek With You?

Zanki

Well in a moment of silliness, I decided to play hide and seek with Shadow. I had her wait in the front room in a corner, then I went and hid somewhere downstairs. She loved it, she was looking for me every single time and her face when she found me was brilliant. She was jumping around, doing her excited little spins and her tail was wagging like crazy the entire time.

Do any of your dogs play hide and seek with you or do anything cute like this?

yeh skye loves it. and i always end up trying not to laugh while hiding as i can hear her running about looking for me, plus if my mum is home i always hear her going 'aww can't you find her' 'where's your mummy gone' ' go find her' and then the odd time skye will husky talk back to my mum which just makes me want to laugh more 

I was in a cupboard earlier, she found me because I couldn't stop giggling at her through the gap in the door. I wonder if she will still play it with me when my boyfriend gets home. She's been a little upset the last few days because he's vanished, although with me being silly with her all day today she's a happy dog.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hiding a toy from Buna, and she loves the game. 

She waits behind the doors while I hide the toy and then she'll sniff all the stuff in the room until she finds her hedgehog toy :D

What is interesting is that she first comes to me (after I hide the toy) and has to sniff my arms and check them if the toy is not with me :D If I don't show the empty hands, she won't start her search :)

yeah I do this on her walks. I'll hide in the bush so I can still see her ahead then when she realises I am not behind she comes looking for me and gets excited when she finds me. If I try it at home she bites my hands and arms instead when she finds me.!