What Do I Do :( Please Help!!

Bambi92

Phoenix not long woke up and wanted to go on the floor Sasha was laying in front of the table phoenix went towards her and she flew around and bit him on the face :( he has a scratch mark from her tooth on his cheek and a little scratch near his lip little did I know she hadn't eaten the treat I gave her earlier and she was protecting it even though phoenix was no where near it.

What do I do I could of flogged her but I know it won't do any good so I told her no and she went to bite me I grabbed her collar and took her outside and told her if she Ever did it again she would never come back in side (not that she understood me but she knew she did wrong) she has been so good with him they were playing together yesterday and today she's being a moody cow I want them to be able to play together I don't want phoenix scared of her and I sure as heck don't want to have to rehome her because if I tell someone she did this they will pts :(

She has good aggression i got her out of it then she started again was going well with getting her out of it again.

What do I do? I'm so scared she is going to hurt him and phoenix is going to be scared of her he wouldn't look at her I love them both to death but phoenix has to come first and has to be safe. He loves the animals and I don't want that to change.

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear about this Laura.

If it is any consolation Ronin has done a similar thing to my 6 year old daughter when she was too much in his face. We were obviously upset but got over it quickly, I am very confident that it was not aggression. I can relate that it is hard to hold ones temper when an incident like this happens.

You have seen what can happen and are now more aware of factors that could cause a repeat offence. 

Had Sasha been very serious I would have expected wounds that would require a hospital visit. 

I am not making light of this and only you will be able to see if any further action is required. My gut says it is a once off but please keep a close eye on interaction - of which I am positive you do anyway.

All the best with this and try not to let it bum you out too much.

I thought she ate it she has it hidden under Phoenix's toy normal she eats them straight away she won't be getting any food near him or anyone else for that matter.

Jase I really hope that's the case :( he didn't even touch her all he did was turn towards her and she just flung around so fast the only other thing she has done is her warning growl or sort thing when he touches her tail but he hasn't done that in a few weeks I guess he's learning not to do it.

I'm just hoping he isn't scared of her she is out the back playing with Dozer now she hasn't played with him all day I don't know if she isn't feeling well or if she was just in a mood she getting a bit moody lately. I'll keep an extra close eye on them when there out side Sasha will protect phoenix and not let Dozer near him she let's Dozer say hello but that's it.

I'm crossing my fingers hoping it was only a once off thing I don't want anything to happen to either of them and I know what's coming if my OHs mother finds out she will try and tell me to get rid of Sasha and when I say no I'd rather give her a chance not just give up on her she will call me every name under the sun and say I'm wrong in not very nice terms :(

She knows she did wrong she came in and came up to him with her head down and gave him kiss as if she was saying sorry she hasn't left my side since coming back in. Phoenix gave Sasha some pizza and she took it ever so gently which is what she normally does with him I don't know what changed for her to snap unless it was just the treat that changed her mind

Hi Laura, you know them best so I wouldn't even discuss it with the outlaws  :)

Even if things got worse there are plenty of trainers and behaviourists that will help you - keep this in mind as a last resort, or if finances allow then you could always discuss this with an expert.

Hi Laura, you know them best so I wouldn't even discuss it with the outlaws :)

Even if things got worse there are plenty of trainers and behaviourists that will help you - keep this in mind as a last resort, or if finances allow then you could always discuss this with an expert.

OH won't be able to help himself but say something because it's Sasha that did it if I could afford to do it now I'd get her to see one I'll try to save up some money to see one don't know how long it'll take with all the appointments with my knees and everything I've wanted her to see one for a while

Does your OH know that his mother bullies you like that? :( Because if not, tell him! If yes, remind him again. You're already dealing with all these... the last thing you need is being slanted. I don't have any suggestions regarding the incident itself but I hope it's a one-off as well x

Yeah she does the same thing to everyone my OH is scared of his own mother that's saying something about her I've been with OH for 5-6 years and she hated me for no reason in the beginning then because of things going on where I was living asked me to move in and it was her way or no way 8 months later we moved out she lost the hold she had over him and now she is ever so nice to me until something happens that had nothing to do with her Lol

I hope it is to she hasn't tried our looked like she is going to do anything so I'm thinking it might have been she has been chasing delta around Lol

My only other comments are to try and not worry about the mother-in-law unless it comes to it. You are the mother and you know what is best for your family, if she doesn't like it then quietly suggest that it is her prerogative to not like it, as it is yours to whom Phoenix can visit.

My only other comments are to try and not worry about the mother-in-law unless it comes to it. You are the mother and you know what is best for your family, if she doesn't like it then quietly suggest that it is her prerogative to not like it, as it is yours to whom Phoenix can visit.

Oh you and I think alike :P I've been so tempted on many occasions to tell her that but it'll go straight over her head and id have to stand there explaining it for ages Lol.

I mentioned moving to qld and she didn't like it at all :P

Oh you and I think alike :P I've been so tempted on many occasions to tell her that but it'll go straight over her head and id have to stand there explaining it for ages Lol.

I mentioned moving to qld and she didn't like it at all :P

:) The reality is that you are the head of your family now, you set the rules ... I say that as a father of a young girl  :D I am sure you will find the dynamic changing between you and the the M-in-law, she will no doubt realise that she better not rock the boat too hard or she won't have regular visits to dote over her grandson.

:) The reality is that you are the head of your family now, you set the rules ... I say that as a father of a young girl :D I am sure you will find the dynamic changing between you and the the M-in-law, she will no doubt realise that she better not rock the boat too hard or she won't have regular visits to dote over her grandson.

She wouldn't care Lol she has 5 others that she hardly sees she sees phoenix more then them which annoys me but hey that's what I get for being with a mummies boy Lol

as my mum said I know how to pick em :P

Aww Sasha came and said his night to phoenix she can be so sweet when she wants to be she's laying here with her head right next to him would she be trying to make it up to him for hurting him like humans do? Do they do that Lol

I dunno, but I have a feeling things will work out just fine :)

:) I really hope it does they love each other I can tell she changed as soon as I had him she always wanted to be with him and always says good morning and good night to him :)

Laura, in a way it almost sounds a bit like he startled her and she did what comes naturally. If she was dozing and heard him coming toward her treat then I might understand that type of reaction.

But now you know to watch and make sure the treats 'go away' so you can avoid the problem.

As far as MIL goes, I'm a great one for telling someone where the door is if they don't like how I do things.

Laura, in a way it almost sounds a bit like he startled her and she did what comes naturally. If she was dozing and heard him coming toward her treat then I might understand that type of reaction.

But now you know to watch and make sure the treats 'go away' so you can avoid the problem.

As far as MIL goes, I'm a great one for telling someone where the door is if they don't like how I do things.

I'm thinking that might be what it was she had her head down but she was listening to us I now know not to give her food near him sad that it happened this way but :( I really thought she was passed the 'my food don't go near it or I'll eat you' stage she was doing so well :(

I'm take the don't talk to get much approach Lol can't get in trouble that way I make snide comments that go straight over her head some times though :P

MiL-wise I'd say don't mention or discuss

With respect to Sasha I'd suggest going back to square one and assuming their is food guarding/aggression. Our dogs all get fed in the same room, together, and we won't tolerate any food aggression from our residents or fosters (we've had it in the past). Main thing is never to punish as it'll make it worse. Step at a time holding onto food/treats, removing food/treats and feeding by hand.

I just adopted Jamie a few months ago, and she also hoarded food, toys, ect.  She showed aggression toward anyone or thing that came near her "pile of goodies".  She attacked the other dog in the house when she got too close, bit a hole in her ear.  I immediately grabbed Jamie told her sternly NO and put her on the floor with my fingers on her neck like a hold a mother dog would do. She submitted right away, and I stood over her, holding her like that for a full minute.  I then call the other dog over that she attacked and had her stand over Jamie.  She is MUCH better with her food aggression and hoarding now.  I make sure she only has one toy out at a time, and always keep an eye on her when she has a treat.  The moment I see her getting into that aggressive mode, I correct it immediately.  She barely does it anymore.  She had to know who was the alpha female in the house. me.  Good luck.  Just be persistant and confident.

post-12087-0-67655900-1406754988_thumb.j

I just adopted Jamie a few months ago, and she also hoarded food, toys, ect.  She showed aggression toward anyone or thing that came near her "pile of goodies".  She attacked the other dog in the house when she got too close, bit a hole in her ear.  I immediately grabbed Jamie told her sternly NO and put her on the floor with my fingers on her neck like a hold a mother dog would do. She submitted right away, and I stood over her, holding her like that for a full minute.  I then call the other dog over that she attacked and had her stand over Jamie.  She is MUCH better with her food aggression and hoarding now.  I make sure she only has one toy out at a time, and always keep an eye on her when she has a treat.  The moment I see her getting into that aggressive mode, I correct it immediately.  She barely does it anymore.  She had to know who was the alpha female in the house. me.  Good luck.  Just be persistant and confident.

I'd just like to point out that you need to be very careful with grabbing a dog that is in "a mad mode". She might make another hole in your hand! :o

I'm thinking that might be what it was she had her head down but she was listening to us I now know not to give her food near him sad that it happened this way but :( I really thought she was passed the 'my food don't go near it or I'll eat you' stage she was doing so well :(

I'm take the don't talk to get much approach Lol can't get in trouble that way I make snide comments that go straight over her head some times though :P

Yeh, and don't I know that feeling all too well, four times and counting - you'd figure I'd learn after a while!  But dogs take after their owners we're told and she's definitely stubborn .... hmmmmm.....

Personally, don't subscribe to the Alpha theory and pinning your dog as there's been increasing evidence (circumstantial - as who can truly know what a dog's thinking?) that it's irrelevant as dogs are clever enough to know you're human and not a dog - and so will behave differently to a dog. We use positive reinforcement, which involves lots of praise when done right and ignoring them when done wrong. We must be getting something right as, although we have the occasional falling out incident, I've never had the 'pleasure' of the sharp pointy bits (I tackle the back end when they've lost all judgement/control and drag the assailants apart). And we've had fosters come in with food aggression and fear aggression and go out with neither - my mantra tends to be "Treat them fairly and they'll treat you fairly"