A Bit Of An Update ...

Removed #5

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22:45, stopped for the night 660 miles into an 1100 mile trip so I've got over half of it down.

Sasha's got her butt parked in front of the door, so I took them both out and neither of them had to do anything (both dumped at a rest stop a couple of hours ago and a little piddle when we stopped here.)  Had to sort of laugh at her on the road, after she settled down, every time I looked back to see how they were doing I got this look from her that asked 'Are we there yet???"

Avalanche is under the desk where I've got the laptop.  He's got to have some tired legs, he's been on his feet almost all the time, just looking.  I really do wish I knew what was running through his mind because he looks intently at some things.

For their first long distance trip together, they've been doing beautifully.  No squabbles at all.  

I fed both of them when I got to the motel room (I love Motel 6 and their pet friendly attitude) fed Sasha in the room and Avalanche outside, she typically scarfed all her food down but Avalanche sniffed at his bowl and left it.  I won't feed them in the morning before we hit the road, so he's going to be one hungry guy when we finally get to the brothers.

23:00 and I've been on the road since 09:00 with a few stops now and again ... I's a tired trooper ... see you all later on.

Edited by Al Jones

Now I am really impressed with my two.  08:00, got up a few minutes ago, coffee from the thermos (cool coffee, ugh!)

No wet spots, no mess ... I don't think Sasha moved from in front of the door except to roll over.  Not quite true, sometime over night she barked about a half dozen times, got up looked out to check the Jeep didn't see anything but as soon as I got up she stopped barking.  Kinda odd - a Sibe watchdog??

Avalanche was in his typical spot, on the floor beside the bed till I got up. 

Coffee's made, now to get some clothes on and take them out for a walk and see if I an find a truckstop for breakfast and then find the road.

See you all sometime this evening ...

Belated, but a bit of a follow up.  Jim's a computer phobe so he doesn't have internet at his place and it's taken me a while to find an open internet (at McDonalds)

I rolled in here late afternoon Friday, 1048 miles total.  He and I sat and BS'd each other for a few hours before calling it a night.  Went over to see the niece and nephew yesterday; was hoping to get on the net then, but the computer decided it just wasn't going to work.  Turned on and almost immediately shut back down.  It was acting like the fan wasn't working and it was overheating but such was not the case - have no idea what its problem was.  It worked fine when we got back to his house and is doing fine today at McDonalds ... stupid computers!!

Sasha is having a ball.  She's got the side yard all to herself and isn't interested in coming in, she's happy to stay out there and since we're quite a ways out of town, she's safe there.  I'll go out and she'll look up at me, almost as if she's saying "Don't bother me, I'm comfortable!"  We can see where she's trampled the grass down, so we know she's not just laying there, but hse has two spots she stays in mostly, one under a bush so she's out of the sun and one out in the sun.

Avalanche decided he was going to pull the husky routine and not eat anything!; Thursday and Friday I just let him, Saturday I was beginning to get a little worried - heck, he's underweight to start with, he can't afford to not eat for three or four days.  He wanted out at 06:00 this morning and I hand fed him about a cup full of food which he ate with not problem but not a whole lot of enthusiasm. 

Need to get out of here and back to the house; Tish (Jims wife) is cooking tonight and I need to get a shower before we go over there.

I've got a few pictures of the two of the dogs over here, but have to find the cable for the camera; I know it's in the bag somewhere  ...