Gijs Found His New Permanent Home

BlueWolf

I think Gijs is meant to be with you ;)

Well, that's the problem. I'm convinced about that as well. In fact, I knew that the moment I saw him for the first time half a year ago. You know that moment when someone walks into a room and you immediately know that, yes, that's absolutely the right one and nothing is gonna change that thought. That's me with Gijs. Which is why it's so painful for me to admit that I can't take him right now. I live with my parents (who are not dog people) and we have two dog-unfriendly cats. I already talked and I talked and I talked. But there is no dog coming in this house.

So what can I change to it? Well, I think I'm willing to postpone my Norway goal and put all my savings into Gijs if an opportunity arises. But to find a home for myself and a supporting job, that takes time. And I still have college to finish first. I won't even know if he's still there by them. It's a serious wild gamble there that may mean I won't leave for Norway any time soon... And would it even be fair on him for 'reserve' him for half a year, or however long it will take me to sort this all out?

Though, if an opportunity shows up, even a little bit, I'm willing to give up a lot if that means that I can bring Gijs home. Even if it's a relative or a friend that wants him, that's still fine by me.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry Jos but who do the huskies in your signature belong to?

You can't give up your education, it's too important!  

Ha, yeah. This is not the first time it caused some confusion :) Glala, Dana and Wodak belong to Ruth. She lives just around the corner. I met her through my mother as she was also interested in wolves and through her got my interest in huskies. I got there once to walk them, I walked them the following week and the week after that. I sort of never left after that. I walked them whenever I had some spare time. This is roughly 7 or 8 years ago now. Nowadays I have the keys and can come in whenever I want. Ruth now goes on holidays as well and I just move temporarily into her house, taking care of them for weekends or full weeks if needed. She also calls me when she needs some extra help with then, or when she's away for longer than planned so I can walk them. Ruth doesn't allow me to say they're her dogs, they're our dogs. I'm their second owner. So this allows me to have huskies that I can play and walk with whenever I want, while also giving me the option to spent time on studying when needed. The decision to take Wodak was taken by both of us since I care for them as well. So their ours, but they technically don't live with me. Best of both worlds for me and couldn't wish for any better solution!