Puppy Not Eating For Days

Midna793

Hello all. I found this site looking up some general questions about huskies. This site seems to be full of knowledge!  I'm a first time husky/dog owner. Her name is Rhawones (sounds like Rhaw-Dess.  It's elvish) :) she is 6 weeks old. Her other owners had to get rid of her because they were moving. I know it was really early to get her. She has green eye boogers. She has liquid poops. Was black but I took her to the vet and put her on some antibiotics.  It's still liquid (been 5 days now) but it's lighting up alot. I can't get her to eat much except for kixs and dog treats. Rarely. I have tried putting egg in the food to make it soft. I got some canned dog food that had chicken and rice in it (also different ones that has tuna in it and salmon)and she still won't eat. All she does is sleep and potty. Is that normal for a 6 week old? When will she get active and want to play? She does not have parvo btw. She has been tested.

I got my first one at 4 weeks and 5 days (awful age, I realize). she definitely had the liquid poo for a long time. I think that just comes with getting them at such a young age. they have to adjust.

a lot of people put warm water in the puppy food, it softens it and makes the smell come out. but if that doesn't help, mine sometimes won't eat for a day or two so I'll sit down and hand feed it to them. or I put bacon grease / hamburger grease and hot water on it. not a lot, but I mix it up. and it helps. :) mine also won't eat if the bowl is dirty. have to clean it really often haha.

also try different brands / flavors? but switch gradually. good luck! I hope to see pictures soon :D

oh and my little girl didn't get a lot of energy till about 12 weeks. hope that makes you feel a little better ;)

I promise it is not over feeding. she didn't eat for 3 days in a row. I just want to entice her to eat something. When it is feeding time she just sniffs it and walks away. She ate some kixs after 3 days of nothing and now won't eat anything. That was two days ago. I tried putting some treats in chicken and she won't eat it. I have tried different brand of dog foods and she won't eat it. softened or not. I'm am just worried because puppy's are supposed to eat food and play around. She just poops and sleeps. It does make me feel better to know that your puppy was sleeping all the time till 12 weeks. But it makes me worried that she rarely eats and I can feel her ribs and spin clear ad day.

I promise it is not over feeding. she didn't eat for 3 days in a row. I just want to entice her to eat something. When it is feeding time she just sniffs it and walks away. She ate some kixs after 3 days of nothing and now won't eat anything. That was two days ago. I tried putting some treats in chicken and she won't eat it. I have tried different brand of dog foods and she won't eat it. softened or not. I'm am just worried because puppy's are supposed to eat food and play around. She just poops and sleeps. It does make me feel better to know that your puppy was sleeping all the time till 12 weeks. But it makes me worried that she rarely eats and I can feel her ribs and spin clear ad day.

stop what your doing or your going to lose this pup, stop all treats she's way to young, stop the egg and most of all stop changing the food.  she should still be with her mum and should still be weaning off her mum and eating a soft diet.  can i ask how come you have her and how old she was before the last owners got her ? at this rate your killing her sorry 

stop what your doing or your going to lose this pup, stop all treats she's way to young, stop the egg and most of all stop changing the food.  she should still be with her mum and should still be weaning off her mum and eating a soft diet.  can i ask how come you have her and how old she was before the last owners got her ? at this rate your killing her sorry 

Take this as it is very hard but very true listen to her please !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also got my puppy very young, at 4 weeks old. If I were you I would stop feeding her allll of that. Changing their food is awful for them and gives them the runs. Just feed the kibbles mixing it with wet food helps often. I also give my pup something called Nutri-Cal nutritional supplement. It's a tasty gel that gives them the vitamin and calories they need, but before giving her that ask a vet because I'm not sure if she is to young for it. 

I would also try going to the vet again, because if she didn't eat for three days, thats very dangerous 

I wouldn't want you too lose your pup

best of luck and hope things get better !

EDIT: oh and mine also pooped and slept all day!

kinda still does.

So she tested positive for distemper. Seems I bought her just as she s

Got it. She is on intensive antibiotics and on the nutria Cal and virbac rebound milk. Eye drops. Anti vomiting and Dihrreah medication. She got past the first part of the infection and Is eatting and playful now. She is eating chicken (doctors orders on the chicken) and wet can food. I'm waiting for the secondary infection to get a hold of her and see of she pulls through that one. If so she gets her second set of vacations next Friday.

So she tested positive for distemper. Seems I bought her just as she s

Got it. She is on intensive antibiotics and on the nutria Cal and virbac rebound milk. Eye drops. Anti vomiting and Dihrreah medication. She got past the first part of the infection and Is eatting and playful now. She is eating chicken (doctors orders on the chicken) and wet can food. I'm waiting for the secondary infection to get a hold of her and see of she pulls through that one. If so she gets her second set of vacations next Friday.

Happy to hear it :)