Oh Dear, What Should I Do?

Keeonah

I find myself in a bit of a dilemma. As most of you know I have a Range Rover, which has, to say the least, given me some problems in the year that I have owned it. In this time I have rebuilt the head and new gasket, new radiator (twice), new water pump, new thermastat (twice), 2 new tyres, new heater matrix and pipes, new  vent motors, new heater ECU, new door locks and key.  3 new brake pipes and a few other bits and pieces. Last week we went out with our nice white caravan. When we arrived at the campsite we had a nice white caravan with black polkadots. This says to me that the bottom end is now getting to the point where it needs a rebuild. To add to this the diesel pump needs re conditioning, the prop centre bearing is going to need replacing soon and the steering box will also need replacing. On the plus side it has immaculate metal which is very rare for one of these. The chassis is mint as is the rest of the bodywork. Bearing in mind                                                                                                                                                                                      a) The condition of the metal

b The amount of money I've put into it already

c) The amount of money still needed to be spent on it.

Should I keep it and spend the rest of the money on it or should I cut my losses and buy something else? What would you do if it was your decision?

Gary.

Edited by Keeonah

It's a tricky one. Mainly because although it needs work, at least you know what has been done and what needs doing.

Buying a new one is a gamble as you could end up with something even worse.

Better the devil you know? Maybe, but I'm really not sure tbh.

Maybe you should weigh up how much it's going to cost you to do the jobs that need doing then work out how much a replacement will cost.  See which option comes out best.  Rangies are notorious for being rust buckets, so if yours is solid it may be worth investing in.  

• 2 weeks later...

Look forward to seeing it at camp very nice m8

As for the Range I'd of got rid of it when the problems started but hindsight would be fantastic :(

I nearly got rid of mine and if it had not been under warranty I would of £4000+ of bills and now it runs like a dream and turned out to be something that cost £25 all a long ( ecg valve )