Bye Bye Indonesia!

mydiamond

I'm leaving Indonesia for college in approx 6 hours :) at about 7 PM tonight, I'd make my way to the airport which is 2 hours away. Tomorrow morning at 5 AM I'd arrive in Taiwan. Then after Taiwan comes L.A, then finally E. Lansing. I know it sounds bad, but I can't wait to get outta here!

Gonna miss this little guy though.

post-2850-0-41708200-1407220457_thumb.jp

post-2850-0-82433800-1407220461_thumb.jp

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh and I might be MIA for a few weeks until I find enough spare time to hang around in the cyber world. When I come back, you're all obliged to report any exciting news I've missed! :cheeky:

Might as well change that country flag... Soon.

Have a good journey 'Liv

Enjoy all the new experiences.

Make sure to Skype your folks and chat to Dime :)

Houston we have a problem :facepalm: we are now 45 minutes to departure and my mom has just realised it is now FALL. Not Summer. She packed all the wrong clothes. Is Jay or Tiffany around? :( what's the weather like around there? Google says it's about 18C which is totally fine with us, but my mom is really not ready for anything below that!

It's still summer! The outlook for Lansing shows highs in upper 70s and low 80s...so like 23-27 celsius. It might get chilly at night but it's definitely still summer in the USA.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Edited by Chula

Liv, enjoy this next phase of your life. Be safe and study hard.

Houston we have a problem :facepalm: we are now 45 minutes to departure and my mom has just realised it is now FALL. Not Summer. She packed all the wrong clothes. Is Jay or Tiffany around? :( what's the weather like around there? Google says it's about 18C which is totally fine with us, but my mom is really not ready for anything below that!

You have about a month until it starts getting cooler. October is when the "cold" usually starts but it can get warm too.

Thank goodness for free Wi-Fi :lol: hellooo guys! Good morning from Taiwan :wave: thanks for answering Emily and Jay, we were worried :(

Spent the first two hours of the flight watching Legends Of Oz: Dorothy's Return (2014 cartoon version) which is boring but complemented with beautiful songs. Then I gotta turn into a makeshift contortionist and attempt to sleep in the teeny tiny airline seat. I woke up an hour before landing, just in time to watch the sun rising from above :) down on Earth we got stuck on visa check because my passport number is missing one number 3 in the Taiwanese visa sheet :facepalm: the officer asked me to "turn left, and then take another left". Nobody speaks English. My Chinese was a little less than adequate. After touring half the entire airport, I went back to the visa check desk to bring my dad, who then stumbled us into the airline police station and visa application desk. Turns out, to get a new visa printed, we go to the airline office. Because if you already have a US visa, your Taiwanese visa is issued by your airline. Riiight :mellow: who doesn't know that?

Anyways, after a bit of a scare, we got cleared for entry and hopped on a taxi to our hotel. It's now 8 AM Taiwanese time. Shops are still closed. So I guess I'm stuck in here with you guys until lunch time :lol:

EDIT: did you know that your Google fetches local results wherever you travel? I've just Googled "wizard of oz" to find out the real title of the movie I watched in the plane, and everything I saw are in Chinese :o