Bye Bye Indonesia!

mydiamond

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG I felt like I've just cheated death. I've just heard news that a restaurant in my local mall experienced gas explosion. Fire was everywhere and it's actually strong enough of an explosion to create a mini earthquake. Not sure yet about the casualties, but it'd be on the news tomorrow for sure. This is the very mall I toured the day before I left to the US :o AND I ate right in front of the restaurant that exploded!

OMG I felt like I've just cheated death. I've just heard news that a restaurant in my local mall experienced gas explosion. Fire was everywhere and it's actually strong enough of an explosion to create a mini earthquake. Not sure yet about the casualties, but it'd be on the news tomorrow for sure. This is the very mall I toured the day before I left to the US :o AND I ate right in front of the restaurant that exploded!

Just wowww  :o

EDIT: did you know that your Google fetches local results wherever you travel? I've just Googled "wizard of oz" to find out the real title of the movie I watched in the plane, and everything I saw are in Chinese :o

Yeah clever init !!!  I use it all the time when out and about it always finds you the closest ..... restaurant. petrol stations our what ever it is your looking for :)

Official news are in, three unlucky folks died :( a lot has happened while I was gone. A cousin delivered her third child. An earthquake wrecked havoc in mainland China. I got stopped in LAX customs office for carrying more than the designated maximum limit of cash. But a piece of paper and a quick interview later, we're cleared. Again, the hotel offers free internet access :D so here I am, browsing through the forum. You guys just can't get rid of me :lol:

This is Liv reporting live from West Hollywood, CA. So far, I've learned that:

1) American hospitality is at least one hundred times better than us Asians. The hotel people are just SO nice. I've never got briefed about the room I'm staying in before. "This is how you control the AC, that is the switch for that light over there, over here you have sandals and extra towels..." :o in Asia, especially mainland China, we got to figure that all out by ourselves!

2) Americans cook awesome Japanese food. That tempura I had last night was cooked to perfection.

3) Apparently I sound British more than I sound Chinese. Not sure if that's a good thing or not LOL if anyone asks, I'd blame it all on you guys :lol:

Glad you arrived there safe :) sounds like your already having fun!

Every hotel I've been to hasn't done that :( now I want to go to America Lol any pics of your outings? I'd love to see it I've only seen it in movies and a few pics online :P Americans are nice people's at least the ones I've met are :)

How many planes have you been on so far? Two?

Have fun and safe journey for the rest of your travels.

I haven't got the chance to walk around taking pics but I will this morning :D I mean, proper morning. It's now 5:30 AM so technically it's already morning, but guess I'd have to wait until the shops are open :o

Yep I've boarded two planes, a five-hour trip from Surabaya to Taipei, and a super long eleven-hour trip from Taipei to LA. Monday we go up to San Diego to... uh, I don't know, but surely we go there to do something :shrug: after two more nights in San Diego, we'd hop on my third and final flight to Lansing. I can't wait to start school. I've been off books far too long my brain is getting dull :lol:

Sounds like fun :P that's way to many planes I've only been on a plane for 1 and a half hours that way boring enough Lol

Not many people say they can't wait to go to school haha I've always wanted to go to San Diego for some reason and salt lake city not sure why though haha

5.30am and your awake? That's crazy!

LOL it's funny how I'm freaking out a little about why the sky is still dark :lol: I expect it to rise at about 5:15 just like in Indo, but I guess the sun behaves differently here :o I wake up at 5:15 every morning for school in Indo :) guess I got my "school mode" on already?

EDIT: on holidays I wake up either at 6:30 or 6:45 to walk the dog. So I wake up early either ways :lol: