Benzo

Good afternoon everyone. I have just joined and have taken on my first Siberian husky called Harley. She is 7 weeks old and a little nuts.

I have a couple of questions however but I don't know where to post them.

Like I know she will cry cause any child would if taken from their parents. We keep her in the kitchen at night while we house train her. But how long until she stops crying in the middle of the night?

When she is allowed outside, she will be left on her own a couple of times a day for a couple of hours. I have a decent size garden and have bought her a 6x4 foot shed to go in if needed. He garden is surrounded by a 6-7 foot fence. Should I do anything else?

Lastly. I have tried to put a lead on now so that she is used to one when I can take her walks but as soon as its on she tried to shake it off or just sits down. Any tips?

Welcome to the pack , not sure how long it will be till she stops crying at night I was lucky with my two lol

Garden should be fine so long as she's not a digger and can't get out anywhere they are VERY good escape artists

Is she used to a collar? If not put it on her a couple of times a day just to get her used to it , stroke her with it before putting it on and have it on loosely to start , slowly progress to adding the lead by doing the same thing , obviously with her being 7 weeks she's not old enough to go out yet anyway and won't be for a few more weeks so u have plenty of time to help her slowly get used to it :-)

When she bites yelp like her siblings would and stop play etc she will eventually learn that all fun stops when that happens

Thanks guys. She is used to a collar as I bout one and put it on her when I get up to go to work and its on aall day until she get put in the kitchen again at night. The garden is slabbed with a small non slabbed bit if she digs there she will hit brick that are under it. The rest of the garden is all wood fencing.

Yeah she wont be getting out for another 4 weeks yet.

Hello and welcome!

The crying will last awhile depending on the puppy.  It is ideal to wait until a minimum of 8 weeks before they are taken away, so it may take longer until she gets used to it.  It took about 1-2 weeks before they stopped crying, but mine where in a crate in my bedroom at night.

The garden you described sounds find, but like it was said, they are escape artists, so make sure any opening is secure.  They have been known to be able to jump fences under 6ft and dig under them, as well as open gates.  Mine can open the patio door and let himself in!

And small walks are find once they have had all their vaccinations.  I think 5 minutes per month of age at one time is the general rule, but you can always split up walks to give more exercise. 

So if she was 3 months I should walk her 15 mins. I was planning a morning and evening walk so do I spilt it 10 and 5 or 2 15s?

Ive started putting my fingured into her food while shes eating aswell. The growling is there but she isnt biting which is good.

Welcome. The walks can be 15 minutes each, based on 5 minutes per months in age. If you take her out for three walks, same thing, 15 minutes per walk.