Off To Surgery This Morning

Jase

We will be heading off in half an hour for Ronin's neutering. Some of you know that I wanted to wait until around 18 months but one undescended testicle has made us need to move the surgery up  :(

Wish us well

post-10021-0-22920700-1407456130.jpg

ahhhh, the poor guy is not feeling very good. The undescended nut was right up in the abdomen so it was a bit more involved. He is pretty sad and I think in some pain or at the very least very very uncomfortable  :(

He has been whimpering since he has been home (for the last 4 hours) 

I have him in his medical shirt which is at least better than the cone as he was trying to get at the wounds. 

I haven't had a chance to see the wounds as he is obviously not keen on it being exposed.

I have some 24 hour pain killers that I am to start tomorrow morning as he has had 2 jabs at the vets. I will have to see how he goes and I might give him the tablet around 11pm if he is in too much discomfort. 

Oh, it is so hard listening to his laboured whimpering  :(  :(  :(

Wow that's awesome similar to the thunder shirt but better I've never heard of them that would of been good for my cat when she had problems with her skin!

I'll have to keep them in mind if they ever need anything like surgery!

good to hear that he his back home and sort of doing ok..

good to hear about the pet shirt am happy that you were able to get one imo 100% better then a cone...

Well it was a long night for my poor boy, the medical pet shirt was a godsend though. I had to give him the pain meds at around 11pm though. He is a bit better today and hoping the meds keep him comfortable for a while longer.

post-10021-0-75562600-1407550723_thumb.j

Update, Ronin is feeling much better, no more whimpering after the first night - he is eating and pooping as normal, he had a short walk today and even stole a pair of undies from the laundry LOL. 

post-10021-0-17236500-1407656238_thumb.j