Chula Is A Terrible Hunter.

Chula

This morning we were sitting on the couch relaxing. Heard a noise in the kitchen. Chula's ears perked but she didn't move. Heard it again, a rustling sound. She still didn't move. I got up and told her to go check it out. She ran to the back door and stood up to look out the window...and a rat ran right behind her and scurried under the stove. I wish I could say mouse, but it was a rat!!

I, of course, screamed. Which just got Chula excited and thinking it was play time. She never realized there was a nasty little creature in the house. So I put on long pants and my wellies and proceeded to dismantle the entire kitchen with a broom in hand in case I had to whack something.

The worst part is I never found it. I found what appears to be a hole to the crawl space under the house but I don't know if it went in there or not.

I'm completely disgusted. Our house is hairy but not dirty. I've blocked up the hole and am going to go buy some safe traps. My landlord said she will send someone out to investigate the rats but I don't know when.

This is Chula's level of concern about the whole ordeal.

9eqydesu.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Oh goodness! in the house?! Diablo kills...and EATS a rat at least once a day. let's just say they face stays far away from me with his rat breath! I made sure the landlords don't poison rats because he literally eats them. So be careful what you use. Something safe for Chula. She will only need to catch one once but let's hope its a lone rat that's stays out your kitchen.

We are on a farm. There are cane fields next door and of course horse food so it's a Husky hunting ground. He spends all day in the feedroom and stables waiting for a false move.

Good luck with your extermination!

She has gotten voles and other little creatures before but this was a good sized rat. Probably 5 inches long without counting the tail. My landlord knows we have a dog but I will remind her. I don't care if they are outside just don't want them inside.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ewwww! 

And LOL at Chula...it does not look like she cares much about the rat.  Kodiak would have freaked out and not stopped until he got it!  Even if a bunny runs outside you can tell all he wants to do is eat it!

Aurora would be the same. She'd probably chase and jump round like a loon if she saw it but that would be all.

Tallulah on the other hand would spot it before any of us and it would be a goner in seconds. I'm sure at some point I'll loose that dog down a rabbit hole at the yard!