Silly Bird!

Removed #5

I have a water jug for Avalanche out on the front porch and have avian visitors who swoop by to get a tipple now and again.

At the moment I have the front patio door open enough to get a breeze through - beautiful day so far, mid 80's with a nice breeze.

Of course one of the birds decides to pay us a visit ... I saw both dogs look up and then looked over to find a banded dove <??> on top of the plant stand just inside the door.  When the dogs moved his (her?) way she headed around the room, stopping at different points, just taking a look at the pups.

She then headed to the screened back patio doors - couldn't get out but Avalanche picked her up off the floor.  Obviously very gently because when I told him to "drop it" she decided to take off flying around some more.

She's now down behind some boxes in the storage room and I've left the back door open (it's behind a gate) and the back patio screen open hoping she'll get tired of wandering around and leave.

I've often said that Avalanche wants to chase the bunnies out here but I don't think he'd know what to do with one if he caught it - I think, in his mind, that it'd just be great play.  Considering what he just did with this bird, I think I'm right!

Silly critters!!!!!!

Lol. Sounds like you've all been having fun with your new feathery houseguest. I take it that He/she/it has made their way back out into the big wide world now?

I can't say that that's the first bird that's made it's way into the house, it was however the one who seems to have stayed the longest - dogs not excepted (I figured one of them would make lunch out of it).  As I said, I left some doors open so that she could find her way out and I checked a while back and I don't see a bird anywhere in the back rooms.

I have a family of road-runners who regularly run in, get a drink and run off again; they're not the least bit sociable!  Even when I keep the camera right beside me, all I have to do when they're on the porch is move a little and they're gone.

Edited by Al Jones