Hello Fellow Husky Owners!

sparrow63

Hello Everyone!

I found this forum earlier today while doing a search for Husky events. My wife and I just welcomed a brand new addition to our pack, our son Clayton. Our two girls LOVE him so much and will "fight" with one another over who gets to sit closer. (By fight I mean whoever is in the spot first growls at the other when they come close)

Aurora is almost two years old and follows me pretty much everywhere (In fact she is lying under my feet at the computer as I type this). She LOVES other dogs especially little ones and other dog owners get nervous because she charges them to sniff them. She is extremely friendly (sometimes to a fault) and has been attacked once by another dog because she did not understand the aggressive behavior he was displaying towards her as she charged up to him to give kisses.

As for Pasha she is Aurora's half sister (same mother different father) but has a completely different personality. Pasha could care less about any other dog, but gets along with them very well. She would rather explore her surroundings looking for things to eat than even meeting other dogs. She loves to be chased though and when she is done exploring she will many times sprint through a group of dogs hoping someone will chase her.

We love our girls and I love to talk about them with other people who understand Husky behavior. Most of my wife's family think that they are misbehaved (even though the previous dog that they owned, a dachshund named Fritz, would choose someone in the house that he would hate, which was me, and would bark, growl and even try to bite almost every day) because they won't come every-time they are called and sometimes steal food off of people's plates when they aren't paying attention.

For the most part they are both trained very well and will come, but as anyone who has ever owned a husky knows they choose if they feel like listening or not. They both know sit, stay, come and shake. Currently Aurora is working on being able to keep a treat on her nose until I tell her she can have it. Currently she is up to 30 seconds before she just decides that it is hers. And Pasha just finished learning shake!

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here on the forum and sharing pictures and stories!

post-12217-0-03812500-1407869050_thumb.j

post-12217-0-46542700-1407869053_thumb.j

post-12217-0-30167800-1407869055.jpg