Update On Puppy Who Didn't Eat For Days (Distemper)

Midna793

So I made a post on this site asking advice about my 6 week old puppy I got of Craigslist from some one who got her from some one else. Her name is Rhawones and it's pronounced Rhaw-Dess. After diffrent tests done and hundreds of dollars spent we found out the the poor baby has distemper. She was vacated with the distemper live modified virus and I believe that the previous owners did not burn the vile before disposing of it, or she got it from sniffing or eating her brothers poop who had been vaccinated with her. Right now she has gotten through the first infection and is on antibiotics, supplements and eye drops and vomiting and Dihrreah medication. She is playful and energetic. Eatting fine. And talking to me. I'm waiting for the secondary infection to hit her and we will see how it goes from there. I just wanted anyone who read my frantic posts to have a updats.

Melisa, looks like you got a real double whammy while I was off taking a nap.  I'm a desert rat living over by the Big Bend area but lived in / around Houston for the better part of 30 years.  May I give you a hearty Texas Welcome to our home away from home.

Now I'm going to plead complete ignorance, edumacate me if you would please.  I thought I knew what distemper is - but obviously not.  You and others refer to a secondary infection, would you explain that please?

As you might have noticed, (and as one Texan to another I'll apologize for the bluntness that our furren friends came across with) they don't seem to understand that in too many cases, it's take the dog you can or let it go to someone else who probably wouldn't have had the anxious concern that you've shown.  Is it best to let the pup stay with it's dam and siblings till it's 8 or more weeks old - for a lot of reasons the answer to that is a yes, but it doesn't always happen that way.  Personally I have to appreciate the effort you're giving to help this little one get a better hand in life than it was given by the people from whom you got it - it deserves better, it deserves your care.

Keep in touch with us, please.  I'd like to be able to add your experience to mine and I pray that from this point on all y'alls experience is nothing but better!  (( see, there is a place for a plural 'you' in English folks!)

Now to the rest of you, is it too early for this pup to be out and about , yep, sure is.  While I seem to have gained a reputation for being blunt, in this set of messages you all have left me in the dust - and seriously, you pissed me off.  Melisa came here for help with a sick puppy, apparently not knowing how sick it really is and you all blew her away with you comments about it being too young, etc, etc, etc ....  Personally, if I'd been given the greeting she's gotten I'd have shook your dust off my feet, not even bothered to say "Chuck you Farley!" and not even bothered looking back. 

Melisa, looks like you got a real double whammy while I was off taking a nap.  I'm a desert rat living over by the Big Bend area but lived in / around Houston for the better part of 30 years.  May I give you a hearty Texas Welcome to our home away from home.

Now I'm going to plead complete ignorance, edumacate me if you would please.  I thought I knew what distemper is - but obviously not.  You and others refer to a secondary infection, would you explain that please?

As you might have noticed, (and as one Texan to another I'll apologize for the bluntness that our furren friends came across with) they don't seem to understand that in too many cases, it's take the dog you can or let it go to someone else who probably wouldn't have had the anxious concern that you've shown.  Is it best to let the pup stay with it's dam and siblings till it's 8 or more weeks old - for a lot of reasons the answer to that is a yes, but it doesn't always happen that way.  Personally I have to appreciate the effort you're giving to help this little one get a better hand in life than it was given by the people from whom you got it - it deserves better, it deserves your care.

Keep in touch with us, please.  I'd like to be able to add your experience to mine and I pray that from this point on all y'alls experience is nothing but better!  (( see, there is a place for a plural 'you' in English folks!)

Now to the rest of you, is it too early for this pup to be out and about , yep, sure is.  While I seem to have gained a reputation for being blunt, in this set of messages you all have left me in the dust - and seriously, you pissed me off.  Melisa came here for help with a sick puppy, apparently not knowing how sick it really is and you all blew her away with you comments about it being too young, etc, etc, etc ....  Personally, if I'd been given the greeting she's gotten I'd have shook your dust off my feet, not even bothered to say "Chuck you Farley!" and not even bothered looking back. 

thank you so much for saying this because i completely agree and i was trying to say the same thing! i don't remember if it was on her topic or another, but you understand :D you're great! haha.

anyways, glad the puppy is doing better! hope you stay on here and let us know how everything else goes with her! good luck!