So Sabre Is Home..

mylilhuskyboyICE

So, sabre was brilliant in the car, i got him home and hes got no collar or lead so ive had to improvise using my police lead as a slip lead. It started with sabre barking / snarling at ice, they've been great on their walks and sabre was okay going potty in front of ice, im going dog shopping tomorrow, hes got no dog food which im not impressed with, i dont have any chip papers so need that changed online, i do however have a vet book but his vaccinations are due in march i think this year? so hes only had one set i suppose. im going to book him in for neutering this weekend, him and ice are really getting on though apart from the water bowl! they keep having a fuss of whos water bowl is whos LOL but yet they drink out of one together so im thinking of just doing one water bowl and leaving it like that

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they are sizing each other up.

They'll be curled up together soon

Haha i learned the hard way! they're really good now :) just gave sabre a bath, not to be rude but he doesnt look like hes been groomed in his life! - long brush with the furminator! :o 

also his owners feed him wagg.. not sure if its puppy wagg but he seems quite skinny.. i wanna move him onto puppy wainwrights.. any advice? do i need to continue with wagg for a bit first?

at 7 months how often does sabre have to go out ?

Haha i learned the hard way! they're really good now :) just gave sabre a bath, not to be rude but he doesnt look like hes been groomed in his life! - long brush with the furminator! :o

also his owners feed him wagg.. not sure if its puppy wagg but he seems quite skinny.. i wanna move him onto puppy wainwrights.. any advice? do i need to continue with wagg for a bit first?

Wagg. . . erm. . . NO !!!!!

As long as he realizes that he got the wrong thing then I can set back and laugh 'cause I know the reaction from a dog that gets the wrong thing!!

I think I'd assume no house training has been done, it's safer that way.  If he goes to the door (or otherwise lets you now he wants out) then I might be inclined to push my luck on the first night ... but then gain, you don't want to let him even start a bad habit if you can avoid it. 

But it's 02:00 your time now, so chances are good you won't see this until later today (your time) anyway ... what'd you do and how'd it work out??

Ha! I wish, I'm in the living room with them and they still have bathtubs of energy! I've tried laying them both down to sleep nothing! Then sabre goes to the toybox and ice gets mad at him and all hell breaks loose lol, sabre also just tried ripping up a dog bed I was going to let him sleep on, how do I fix this? I adopted me a chewer!! I wanna nip it in the bud quick before mother notices a half eaten sofa a week from now LOL and when will they fall asleep!!:'( its been 4 hrs of play now!! Oh my goooddddnessss

Ha! I wish, I'm in the living room with them and they still have bathtubs of energy! I've tried laying them both down to sleep nothing! Then sabre goes to the toybox and ice gets mad at him and all hell breaks loose lol, sabre also just tried ripping up a dog bed I was going to let him sleep on, how do I fix this? I adopted me a chewer!! I wanna nip it in the bud quick before mother notices a half eaten sofa a week from now LOL and when will they fall asleep!!:'( its been 4 hrs of play now!! Oh my goooddddnessss

Crating is the answer to chewers, when you have to leave them alone.

Also they are not likely to sleep while you are up.

When the household goes to bed to sleep, then the dogs will normally settle down to sleep themselves.

While you are up. . . so are they

Awww, they look so good together  :) Congrats on the new family member.

The chewing you mentioned could well be just a bit of nervousness or anxiousness due to the move so I wouldn't be too concerned just yet. It might be worth getting a couple of new toys so they are not "owned" by anyone yet and take the others away for a bit... having said that they may not be a problem anyway??

I was just gonna ask do u have seperate toy boxes, atm the toy box is near me and neither are allowed near it as its causing arguments, its now 4am and both boys are laying down after two more arguments, and ice biting me when breaking them up, however I have a new issue. Sabre keeps peeing on the welcome matt at the front door!! I think he thinks its a puppy matt, I've smacked him when he's done it right in front of me (not a hard smack but a kind of stun? On his thigh) along with a stern no. Should I get some puppy matts for the back door? I don't mind him peeing on lino! But the welcome matt & a red carpet! Oooffhhh mum won't be happy - she already told me she went through it with ice, not again lol. Sooooo what can I do? I'm not gonna sleep tonight, gonna watch the dogs until morning when someone else can take over. Ice has a little tooth mark on his snout from sabre but I think that was from their most recent fight which made one of them yelp, not sure who, each argument I check them over to make sure nothings wrong. It doesn't help that there's this little mouse we can't seem to bloody kill with poison that keeps squeaking making ice go to it and then causing sabre to get in his space!