So Sabre Is Home..

mylilhuskyboyICE

Remind me who told me two is easier than one? LOL I keep telling myself to stick through it, three weeks time it will be fabulous ... Right? LOL - I'm beyond tired now, getting the emergency energy kicking in now from the redbull I drunk earlier. I'm normally asleep before ten! LOL

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pop him outside every 30 mins so he goes to the toilet when he done it let him him don't put puppy mats down as will only prolong the house training. Remove all toys, don't feed them together for a lil while get a crate and feed him in there. He doesn't look skinny at all there meant to be slim

I had to remove all toys and still feed the huskies separately after 2 years. It's just not worth all the stress. Storm gets fed in her crate and waits in it at feeding time and Tanna gets fed in the lounge and Gem in the Kitchen. recently hubby didn't shut the cage properly and both huskies ended up beating Gem up for her food (which he fed in the hall). She was ok just a bit soggy from all the mouthing but no puncture wounds,she was pretty stiff for a couple of days though. Funny thing is she dominates the water bowl and always gets first drink and the others are happy to let her. Food is different though.

It does take time for them to fully adjust, but it is worth it.

In the early days it is like having a newborn baby. You are exhausted and it will take some time. Does it get better? Yes [emoji1] but it wont happen immediately, they'll both need time to adjust and get used to each other. Then they'll probably be sussing out who's the boss. Eventually things should calm down and you'll be at the place you want to be.

I wondered how long it would be until they called you back about Sasha. Had a feeling it wouldn't be too long.

Very exhausted but its quickly getting better, they cry when they're split up! X I still haven't told her I'm not taking sasha but I feel really bad for sasha :\ it will be her fourth home technically, :\ she's being given from pillar to post. Enroute getting sabres dog tag & got him a collar which is too big but not too big for when he puts on a bit of weight. Gonna get some of his food as he has none :o

Congrats Tia and sending lots of energy your way! :D you will be having quite a few eventful weeks ahead!!! Hopefully you can stop the bad behaviours really soon and good luck on the potty training...

Sabre is a gorgeous boy! It will take longer for them to be best buds because he's a boy, but don't worry they will get there in time, took Smokey and Wollie 2 months to be in the same bed so just hang in there! :huskyhugs:

Oh my goodness lol, okay so ive decided that im going to work slowly, no treats, nothing until they're getting along well, then i'll start introducing food to them both, feeding them seperately then gradually getting them closer and then hopefully in about a yrs time they should be feeding in the same room ... im not expecting miracles but they're sleeping next to eachother on the living room floor! :o