Cant Find My Content

Alicia Doyle

Ive ran thé one you gave me and then a box thing came up giving you thé option of scanning thé computer, so i thought id do that too, so far i have 5 threats but Its taking forever, im missing out on the fun in chat :( but if id stayed on chat i would have hopped thé laptop of thé wall coz it only let me write when it felt like it

yup, scan is what you wanna do.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeep, yeah...that wasn't a good idea. Do you have a virus scanner? Might want to run that as well. There are a lot of sketchy programs out there claiming to clean your computer, but really they are full of spyware and/or viruses.

Yeah, scan it with Avast ASAP. You can never be too careful.

You might just have to change the homepage manually to what it was before. I'm not sure how to do it on Internet Explorer. If it changes back to that page, then your computer is still infected. I have a couple of other tools you can try, if that's the case.

Ok How do you do that?

LOL unless you have a legit copy of windows 7 or 8 don't even think about it.

It's wiping your hard drive of EVERYTHING and reinstalling windows so it's back to how it was when you very first bought it.

It's a drastic measure when nothing else is working.

• 3 weeks later...

If you've got a new weird looking search engine, then you'll probably find it lurking in your c: drive........

You'll probably have to go into "programmes and features" and then "uninstall a programme" and manually search the little sucker down.  Check the dates things were downloaded and it should help.  I've been caught out with that a few times now, lol.

Hello boys.  Have been talking to Alica and Adam in chat and after trying the already mentioned suggestions (cache cleaning and spy/adware removers) they are both still having the same problems.  I have been trying to help them myself and as you both know this could be dangerous!  lmao. 

Do you guys have any idea what else could be the problem?

The profile box is fixed on Opera but Alicia is still not in the list of active chat users on the forums page. I am in the list on Opera but I have disappeared from the list on IE.

I guess an update to IE or to the forums has messed up the CSS on here.

The profile box is fixed on Opera but Alicia is still not in the list of active chat users on the forums page. I am in the list on Opera but I have disappeared from the list on IE.

I guess an update to IE or to the forums has messed up the CSS on here.

If she's on her phone she won't show up on the instant messenger or things like that.  You might have to refresh the chat room page to get her to show up in there, beyond that I am running out ideas.  lol.

Instant Messenger?

She shows up in chat itself, it is just the list at the bottom of the home page that she is not in.

instant messenger is that individual chat section at the bottom right of the screen. (just sent you a message on it to show you, lol). 

People who are accessing the forum through their phone (usually via tapatalk) do not show up fully as people who are using either a pc or laptop.