New Here

Harleybuxton0481

Welcome Jason. Advice for a new Husky puppy would be to spend time with your new pup, realize their bladder can't hold for much more than an hour, so take them out frequently for potty breaks. Teach them that nothing in life is free (Google the term). Praise them and reward when the do good, ignore them when they do bad. Never trust them to be off lead, and realize they are the Houdini of dog breeds, so always be two steps ahead. Give them lots of love and attention.

Once you have the puppy you'll have some experiences from which to ask specific questions.

Just to add to Daves info.

Don't over feed them that leads to runny bums, the amounts suggested on the packets is too much for a Husky puppy cut it down by at least a third.

post-1354-0-32160300-1405679619_thumb.jp

Welcome to the forum! 

I am sure you will have tons of questions when you get your new pup!  No matter how much you prepare they will always keep you on your toes!

My advice...lots of patience ;)   and enjoy your sleep now because when the pup arrives you will not have a full nights sleep for awhile ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Mazz is very good! I endorse all his prophecy.

Houdini yes but mine"s learnt to not bolt from home.

Great training tips from Jean Cote : www.success dogs.com

He has a Husky & a Collie. Priceless advice and how to get a well behaved dog when out who doesn't pull!!