Car Problems!

Jay

Having a bad day :(

I have had this car for 3 years, and the last 1-2 years I have had to replace ALOT on it!!!

I have had my front brakes and rotors replaced twice

Control arms in the front replaced

New battery

4 new tires

I needed the back brakes and rotors replaced but didn't have the money.  I got it saved up and was going to have it done this week...then I noticed I was leaking what looked like oil on the garage floor.

I take it in to have them look, hoping it was just a seal or something not tighten...NOPE!  The water pump went out :(  Almost $500 to replace...I put over 3K in this car since I have had it!!!  And now, I have to wait longer to have the rear brakes replaced....

NOT a good start to the week

Jason, typically water pumps are an easy replacement and whether drum or disk, brakes shouldn't take over an hour (or two if you're really not prepared) and together should cost less than the $500 you're being quoted for the pump.  Admitted the water pump will take most of us who aren't mechanics the better part of an afternoon.

I can sooooo sympathize! When we bought our Expedition (used, but only three years old!) within the first two years we had to replace part of the motor, the transmission and the throttle control. I swear we put almost $5000 in repairs in the first two years. It made me so mad!!

Jason, that's got to be a bummer.  I used to fix my own vehicles.  But then they got complicated, and now that I'm old and don't bend so good, I let someone else fix them and they relieve me of some of my money.

With the discount it's setting me back 430 for the water pump. The brakes and rotors will be next around 280. Unfortunately I'm not mechanically inclined nor do I know anyone that can really do it :(. It's going to take them about 4 hours to do it. Just over the weekend I have two large puddles on the floor

Edited by Jason Schrader
z

[emoji46]. Ouch, not very nice to your bank balance!

I usually have to get the brake pads changed yearly but that's mainly down to my driving style....hit the accelerator hard and the brakes even harder! Lol.

Another thing I've found that affects how the tyres wear is the tracking. If the car naturally drives veering to one direction or you notice uneven wear on your tyres then that's a sign that it's a bit off kilter. I've had to have the tracking done several times on my car. Could be my fault but I'm blaming the damn road humps that the council have put everywhere to reduce speeding. Lol