So Glad I Found You All

Candice

Hello, 

I was just searching for remedies for ZRD and this forum popped up on google, and I have now been here for a few hours. I would like to thank everyone who shared their stories and solutions as I thought I was alone with this. Dakota has been taking zinc supplements from the Vet for almost a year (I know, shocking it came up so late in life) and it wasn't really clearing up on it's own. So with some other research I have been putting Calendula oil on his muzzle twice a day and although still slower than I would like, it is getting better. They have both been on raw food since Hemi was young.

I will add this next part to be open, but always with hesitation, I have recently gotten into essential oils and have been trying to find natural remedies for both dogs pannus condition, so if anyone has insight into this I welcome it with open arms.

We hail from Canada and have 2 huskies, Dakota (12) and Hemi (10), they are complete opposites but could not live without each other. They are both boys but everyone thinks Dakota is a girl because he's smaller than Hemi; I think the all white has something to do with it too but I don't think he cares as much as I do when someone calls him a her (this includes the Vet, on more than 1 occasion) ;)

So, that was a lot, if you stuck with me THANKS! 

Candice 

Hi Candice

I am glad you found us too  :) Welcome to the forum.

I am pleased that you have found Caledula but I am concerned that you are using the oil. No essential oils should be used directly on the skin of a dog. I would recommend you use calendula tea instead. 

EDIT - I should have said - No undiluted essential oils

Thanks everyone!

Jase - I should have been clearer, The Calendula Oil is like Olive oil, well it comes mixed with virgin olive oil, so I guess it's pre-diluted.

Thats good to hear, I've only ever used the flowers and tea, I hope the oil works well. I hope to read some of your posts in the future.

Candice, a big hearty welcome to just about the BEST Husky forum on the planet.  We are always interested in issues, helping where we can, and of course, as Andy so eloquently pointed out -- Pictures!  Enjoy the forum and we'll look forward to seeing some pics of Dakota and Hemi.

Sorry about that. Here are some of them together (obviously years apart). They are not really into cuddling with each other anymore 

Good looking Dawgs :D