Is This A Money Scam?

Alicia Doyle

So i keep coming accross this article for months now and finally said im going to order them. Ordered them, got them today, went back online to see how to take them and came accross a comment saying she had money taken out of her acount after already paying thé £10 something like £200. I Know i should cancel my Account but all my direct debits are Set up to it. Does anybody know of anyone who has ordered them it Know How to look into this? Plus i really wanted to try them out and See if they worked! :(

Ooooo what did you buy???

Anyhoo, helpful advice coming up.... If you purchased using your debit card and it's now a rolling contract where they can take money from your card when they like, you are within your rights to contact the bank and ask them to block transactions from that company, they should be able to do it without disturbing your actual bank account.

I saw this on Fake Britain the other night :0)

Hope it works out for you xx

Ooooo what did you buy???

Anyhoo, helpful advice coming up.... If you purchased using your debit card and it's now a rolling contract where they can take money from your card when they like, you are within your rights to contact the bank and ask them to block transactions from that company, they should be able to do it without disturbing your actual bank account.

I saw this on Fake Britain the other night :0)

Hope it works out for you xx

Would help if i posted the Link! I bought the miracle weight loss  fruit extract. Got them today. Now Not sure whether to take them. I suppose i should ring my bank and See does it have to distrupt my direct debits. No it was supposed to be a once of payment

This is the interesting bit from the small print.....

"If you are satisfied, do nothing and you agree to be charged USD/GBP 89.84. Plus you agree to be enrolled in our Auto-Ship Membership Program and 30 days from the end of your trial date and every 30 days thereafter, you will be shipped a fresh supply of Garcinia Cambogia Max Slim for USD/GBP 89.84, plus shipping and handling. Cancel anytime. Please read our terms and conditions for more details. Offer available now. Limit one trial bottle per household."

I'm sure the bank should be able to block the transactions from them, look for their exact name on your statement for the last payment you made and tell the bank.....if the complain about it just cancel the card and get a new one :0)

TBH if they had truly found a miracle product that made you lose loads of weight i'd suspect that they'd be shouting it from the rooftops, rather than just on social networking sites. 

So you could say I'm a bit sceptical about them, lol.  

I just lost half a stone by cutting out chocolate, crisps, wine (ok not all wine, I have one glass on a Saturday night!) and bread.....oh and I now eat three little meals a day.....please don't pin your hopes and pennies on so called miracle pills :0)

£90 per month is a lot for a bottle of pills per month.

Cancel the direct debit, with your bank and send them an email to let them know you no longer want the product.

Then

Take the bottle to your local holland and Barrett and ask them if they stock anything like that product.

You may find they do and probably about £85 cheaper per month

Good luck

£90 per month is a lot for a bottle of pills per month.

Cancel the direct debit, with your bank and send them an email to let them know you no longer want the product.

Then

Take the bottle to your local holland and Barrett and ask them if they stock anything like that product.

You may find they do and probably about £85 cheaper per month

Good luck

You see it was only supposed to be £10 in total but after doing some digging realised they take out £90 a month. Ive just Rang the bank and they sais they acrually cant stop them taking out the next payment that i have to email the company like you said telling them i do not want them to take any more money from my bank Account and then send it to the bank and then the bank dispute it on my behalf and try to get my money back :(

I just lost half a stone by cutting out chocolate, crisps, wine (ok not all wine, I have one glass on a Saturday night!) and bread.....oh and I now eat three little meals a day.....please don't pin your hopes and pennies on so called miracle pills :0)

I had previously purchase slimming drops and along with it i had to do a very strict diet, of course it was probaly the diet and Not the drops, but i lost half a stone in 2 weeks, of course i caved and put it all on again, i have no will Power

If the bank can't cancel the debit, then I would close the account.  Bet they'd cancel it then.  As far as those pills go, can't say.  Other than if it were for real, it would have been around a long time ago and it would have worked.

If the bank can't cancel the debit, then I would close the account. Bet they'd cancel it then. As far as those pills go, can't say. Other than if it were for real, it would have been around a long time ago and it would have worked.

Yea i'll go into the bank tomorrow and say it to them.