Husky Shedding - Would Taking Her To The Groomers Help?

Aimee

Hi we have an 11 month old huksy - she is starting to get her winter coat - she is a very fluffy girl and literally I could fill a bin bag with the amount of fur I have brushed out which is leaving patches but after 2 hours its only made a small dent in her coat. Would taking her to the groomers help? I did speak to one who said they would be able to get it all out but first of all I am worried in another week it would all just come out again and 2 after reading some online questions on this subject people are saying to be very careful to find a groomer that has experience of their double coat and not to cut them just to wash and brush etc.

If taking her to a professional groomers is a waste of time which brushes do you reccomend? We have a shedding furminator - which after reading on here people have said not to use it all the time as it ruins the fur. We also have a medium comb? Not sure if these are correct at all?

The "Blow" can last for a month or more.

taking them to a groomers will help a little but really only at the end.

If you take them now they will come back looking lovely and in the morning

they will be just as tufty as before.

Keep at it yourself.

Oh, yeah it happens twice per year.

an undercoat rake is good. Mikki do a good one.

Also taking them outside and using a leaf blower to blow some of it out can help too.

A furminator can be quite brutal on some coats, particularly longer ones.  I've used one on my boy with no problems but his coat is very short.  Another good brush to try is an anti-tangle rake, they work well and tend to be less harsh on the guard hairs.

One thing that i've heard is very good is a professional blower.  I don't have one personally but have heard of others on here who do and it's basically a high velocity blower that blows off the fur!  I've heard it's best to do it outside as it can create a bit of a snow storm! lol.

edit:  ooh I snapped with Andy, lol. :P