Scared About Going Away :(

Bambi92

So we're off to Canberra tomorrow it's only 2 and a half-3 hours away but I'm scared Sasha isn't going to be ok :( I don't trust the people behind us as far as I could throw them and I don't know if Sasha is going to howl because she isn't use to bring out the back at night :( I don't want them to do anything to her because she is scared and howling she will have Dozer to keep her company and my cousin in law is coming to feed them I wish I had someone that could house sit but I don't know anyone and it's too short of notice to find someone unless Sasha and Dozer knows them :(

Is there anything I could do to maybe help her be calm while we are gone?

she hasn't been alone before not for a week :( the longest she has been alone is just over 24 hours with someone coming and going the next 24 hours and she hated it.

I can't afford it and I don't think Sasha would handle being in a kennel environment again :(

The only person I could ask is my other cousin in law and his girlfriend but I don't know if they will do it my lot can be a handful at the best of times Lol but Sasha loves him for some reason

The only person that would doesn't have high enough fences :( I've opened the garage for them there's a bed in there don't know if it'll help but it might make Sasha feel a little bit safer I know they won't get walked for a week lately they haven't been for walks much because I can't do it on my own with phoenix. I just hope they are going to be ok :(

I decided to see what she will be like out the back tonight so far so good she has only barked at the person that was out the front.

I feel bad for leaving her out there it's cold out there her poor coat and ears were cold :( I hope I'm doing the right thing and that she will be ok she hasn't slept outside at night in over a year :(

Oh Laura :( I do think dog sitter service is cheaper? Like, someone who comes into the house to walk and feed the pups and then come back later on that day? College students usually do that as a part-time job...

Sasha won't let someone she doesn't know near her unless she has been around them for at least a week which I hate but at least I know she won't get stolen unless they bait her :(

And I can't cancel for its my partners work they need us there to run the shop :(

Uh oh :( sorry Laura wish I have more ideas.

I don't know what else to do she only cried for about 10 mins last night then she was fine looks like she had fun in the mud though lol

My cousin in laws partner said he would play with them for a bit but I can't expect much from the cousin because she is 29 weeks pregnant with twins and she is the only person I trust to feed them she had Sasha for 8 months while I was trying to find the place we are in now.

They have toys and they chase each other around the yard most of the day I just hope they don't get bored and try to get out neither of then have tried I know dozer won't leave the yard but Sasha if given the chance will luckily she is to lazy to jump the fence it wouldn't be hard for her to do though even being a 6ft high fence.

I've let one of our neighbors know we won't be here and told them Sasha might howl and they said they will keep an eye on her for me and they don't mind if she does howl a bit. It's just the people up the back that we don't talk to I'm thinking they won't do anything but I still don't trust them

We are able to leave the house for a whole day and not get back until about 10pm with no problems so hoping it'll be like that :(

Off to a good start then? Hope they behave x

Yeah I thought she would play up last night but she was good I think she slept in the garage I couldn't see her on the grass I'm crossing everything hoping they will.

Next time I'm hoping they give us more then two days warning about going down there so I can get someone to either house/dog sit or get someone to come walk and play with them during the day.

:DLooks like a plan has come together. I'm sure with your neighbour keeping an eye out for them and being supportive with the howling everything will be fine.. Its hard when its work.. you need to work to keep them fed etc, but it's hard to leave them...I work full time so does my other half. I'm lucky that my daughter Hannah goes to work at 1.30 pm and Mark comes home at 4.00pm. We had a situation last week where Hannah neglected to tell me that she was going to the Reading festival and she was leaving Thursday @ 9.30 am. Luck has it Marc has a friend who the dogs love and he was able to dog sit for the 2 days....Thank you Arnie... :worship:

:DLooks like a plan has come together. I'm sure with your neighbour keeping an eye out for them and being supportive with the howling everything will be fine.. Its hard when its work.. you need to work to keep them fed etc, but it's hard to leave them...I work full time so does my other half. I'm lucky that my daughter Hannah goes to work at 1.30 pm and Mark comes home at 4.00pm. We had a situation last week where Hannah neglected to tell me that she was going to the Reading festival and she was leaving Thursday @ 9.30 am. Luck has it Marc has a friend who the dogs love and he was able to dog sit for the 2 days....Thank you Arnie... :worship:

It sux leaving them :( and I'm always with them unless I go out which is rare lol.

Cousin is there now and said Sasha is fine and not very wet until dozer who is soaked haha normally the other way around