Ended Up With A Husky

akane

I was planning and researching my next dog and I'm going 5hrs to see canaan dogs the 31st.  Yesterday this supposedly 8 week as of today (the vet record dates don't add up) runt husky falls in my lap so I guess puppy debate is over for a few years.  Oh well canaan have a year long waiting list.  Nijiro is barely 4lbs and very vocal.  She has my 2 japanese spitz all wound up.  You don't growl at female akitas.   Luckily she decided a tiny puppy was no threat and ignores her.  The shiba seems intent on making it known she is no longer the bottom of the pack but so far not violently. 

Nijiro is housebreaking well but she sets off howling for no obvious reason including majority of last night.  Tiny puppies are surprisingly loud.  This is why I had to wait till I bought a house instead of getting a puppy at the condo.  The neighbors thought my rabbits drinking water at night and my husband fixing a hot dog late one night was too loud.  Loud enough to call the condo association and when they didn't help the police and when they didn't help the city.  Who both said talk to the condo association.  Luckily they don't do anything if only one crazy person complains. 

Working on improving her diet asap.  She came on science diet kibble.  Apparently they were told purina is bad so they did research and switched their huskies to science diet.  It seems they didn't do good research.

What is the Iowa camp I saw?  We just moved to Cedar Rapids.

Hi Shawna and welcome. I live in Blue a Grass, near Davenport, with my wife Sally and our two girls, Zoya and Eisa. The Iowa Camp is September 19, 20, & 21. In Ackley, Iowa, at Prairie Ridges Campground. Austinville, aka Becky, is the organizer. Thus far I think 18 Huskies are going to be in attendance. Not sure how many hoomans. Friday, we arrive in the afternoon and hang out. Past years, we pitch in and order pizza for Friday night dinner. On Saturday, there is usually a morning walk. We've also visited a nursing home in the past, had a visit to a local vet's play area for some agility. I think this year there may be a tour of a winery. Saturday's lunch is usually provided by Sally and I. Dinner Saturday night is you grill your own meat and bring a side to share. Sunday morning we have games and an award ceremony. Some people camp at the park, while others like us rent a cabin nearby at Crazy Acres, and some have rented a motel room in nearby Iowa Falls. PM Austinville for more info. Also check out this area of the forum if you have not already. http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/forum/132-official-annual-iowa-husky-camp-2014/

We'd love to have you at Iowa Camp. I'm unsure if cabins remain available for the weekend, but will do my best to find out today for you and post it up in the Iowa Camp thread. We are tentatively planning on visiting a winery (I'm firming up plans) We won't be visiting the care center this year, at least as an organized group. There have been some issues there between management and myself (I'm the editor of the local newspaper - need I say more?) Feel free to call me, I've pm'd you my phone number.