At The Vets With Sabre

mylilhuskyboyICE

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's for the best.

and he'll probably be off his food for a day or so afterwards.

Your main problem will be stopping him from licking the stitches (even with a cone of shame) 

and stopping him from running around like a loony and tearing the stitches.

Good luck

I ordered a pet medical shirt yesterday and its due to be delivered today sooo hopefully he shouldn't need the cone of shame :( he was all happy to see the vet! Bet u next time I try and take him without ice he will be like noooway nah uh u got my balls chopped off! Lol I miss him already :( just went on a spending rampage on treats LOL

Out of things to do now :( hoovered, sorted ice, bought an electric toothbrush, read through the whole manual, bought lots and lots of treats and stuffed hooves for the dogs, and now im stuck waiting... I suppose if ive heard nothing thats good news?

We put a pair of Marks boxer shorts on Noah when he had his op.... Have got the photos and when I can figure out how to put photos on here I will post them.  He looked so funny.  P.S we did take them of so he could do his husky business.

So you occupy your self finding suitable under wear!!!

No News is good news.. All will be well

Glad to hear he's coming round, he'll probably be a bit groggy and 'spaced out' for most of today whilst the anaesthetic wears off.  They should give you a list of do's and dont's regarding aftercare but one thing I will say is to be aware that while the anaesthetic is still in his system he won't be able to regulate his own body temperature too well.  Shouldn't really prove to be a problem at this time of year but it is a bit chilly today and will probably be worse in the evening so if it were me, I would make sure the windows are closed in the room he's resting in to keep out those drafts.  Wouldn't go into overdrive about that though or else he'll end up being too hot, lol.

Good Luck Tia.  xxx 

I was looking at the hoop, returning them though they're for small dogs! :( sabres home, cried the whole way home, cab driver wouldnt take me!! "can you put ur dog in the boot" have a laugh u -insert bad word- hes just had an operation! -_- had to get him on a bus. had to wash his jumper thing because i unclipped it to let him go toilet and he dragged it along the floor and got it smothered in mud! so for the minute hes eating a hoove which is keeping him distracted with the cone of shame on - speedily drying his babygrow thing asap