Made A Mug Of Myself, Lol.

Emma

Not really a rant as such,  more like a redface moment.  :redface1:

Went to do some food shopping earlier on and the carpark is one of those annoying ones where you have to pay £1 for a ticket and can claim it back instore if you spend over £5.

So i'm standing there at the ticket dispenser, put in my pound and press the green button like countless times before but on this occasion nothing happened.  I waited a bit and then a bit more, then got annoyed and pressed all the buttons, still no joy.  I stuck my hand in the bit where the ticket comes out just incase it magically appeared but nope, not a sausage.  :(

By this time a little queue had formed behind me, so I told the bloke who was immediately behind me "It's up to you but i just stuck a pound in here and the tickets not come out, use it at your own risk".  He told me to tell the trolley guy who was ambling around nearby so off I trundled and told him his machine was broken and had gobbled up my money.  He politely said he'd sort it out and came over to the machine. 

Now this is where it gets embarrassing, lol.  The queue have gathered round all having a peek at what's going on and the man presses a few buttons without any success........he then sticks his hand in the returned coins bit and fishes out my £1 coin!  "try it now" he tells me in front of everyone.  My face was red as a beetroot!!!!!   lol.  Needless to say I tried it again and it worked perfectly, I laughed it off as best I could and then legged it back to the car sharpish!  :rofl:

I swear these things only seem to happen to me!  lol.  :shrug:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, Indeed I was. They seem to be happening with increasing regularity these days.  I  had a bit of an issue with the trolley too (my pound wouldn't go in) but thankfully managed to sort that one out myself....eventually! 

:lmao:  omg, am i really that bad?!  

oh wow you know - we really should have an "emma" section on here  :rofl:

lmao!!!  :rofl: 

Emma has some of the best things happen to her !!!  always looking forward to her next post

ha ha, thank you so much.  Always happy to make you smile. :up:  :D

Lol. So nows probably not the best time to tell you all about PCN I received through the post this morning. You all must think I'm really dopey! Pmsl.

oh do tell how much are they stinging you for....

oh do tell how much are they stinging you for....

£130. Half if I pay it quickly. [emoji33]

Emma as a fairly new member of this crazy forum based on this thread I will looking out for more Emma moments :rofl:

Lol. They don't happen all the time but when they do it's usually pretty humiliating! [emoji15]