Other Non Husky Forums

Jay

OK, so I joined this Nissan forum to ask a question on where I can get something for my new car, and the first reply I get, they guys gets really snotty and says

"Sup buddy, so b4 u post a newbie question, make sure u try searching with key words in "threads" and "posts". Also nothing will ever match as good as oem, plain and simple. also try google/ebay and more than likely something will come up.  ....take it from here, and search b4 u make others do ur work."

Is that rude, or what?  Are all car forums like that??

Thank god that's not how we reply to each other!!

Sort of discounts the purpose of the forum. I will tell you Jason, there are some other Husky forums that must read from the same play book as that Nissan forum. I am thankful that this forum is not like that.

Sort of discounts the purpose of the forum. I will tell you Jason, there are some other Husky forums that must read from the same play book as that Nissan forum. I am thankful that this forum is not like that.

I know exactly what your talking about lol. Me too! I love this place and I am glad we are not like that !

I've been a member of various car forums due to owning MANY different types of cars over the last few years.

Citroens, Peugeots, Jeeps, and others All those forums were like ours

friendly, helpful and understanding of newbies and people with little or no car experience.

However, dog forums especially German shepherd forums have been nasty places to visit.

Im on a beauty forum and although some can be very helpful and friendly some can be very b****y. There have been numbers of threads closed. I have been told that they simply cannot read my thread because it is a huge sentance with no full stops, Which i didnt mind but thought im sure u can still read it. Some think they are above others ect. I have not made one friend of thé forum itself and Ive been on it longer than this. However some people have started to create their own secret fb groups and post their punks because thé subject could be off topic eg. Kids theres a lot of Kids haters on there, and it is a lot more intimate and kind.

i wouldnt worry about it jay at least you found out what they was like at the start and you didnt waist to much time there

you should of posted your question on here even if you didnt get the answer someone would of helped you out sum way, we got enough car people on here nevermind :grouphug: we still like you even if you are a newbie :D;)

Awwwww. Yeah I didn't really care that much I just thought it was rude. My new car has that fake wood grain by the door and console and I want to swap it out for a brushed chrome accents

you can buy self adhesive film that you can cover that with jay in all sorts of patterns and colors

Depends on the kind of forum you run. You will get some (like us) who encourage as much conversation and posting as possible and encourage people to ask questions, however you will also get others who are trying as much as possible to promote only good quality posts and nothing else without duplication wherever possible. The reason for this is it depends on whether your forum is for fun or revenue. If its for revenue then the latter is actually better with regards to having relevant content and therefore will likely be indexed higher for the keywords that you want, and therefore you attract higher paying sponsors.

Of course once you get to a certain size, it shouldnt matter however some morons dont understand that LOL