Hi!

Jax_2014

Hi!

My name is Tiffany and I acquired a three year old male husky by the name of Jax. He is my first husky and I absolutely love him. I also have a half st bernard and half german shepherd so I was already accustomed to Large breeds. They get along well but we have a feeding issue and can't feed them together. We have to put Mollie in the back hall way and put a baby gate up and feed Jax in the kitchen.  Other than that we have really no other issues. Funny thing happened the other night with Jax. My boyfriend got out of bed to use the restroom and didn't pull the bathroom door shut behind him when he was done. Jax figured out how to lift the toilet seat up just enough to get his head in there and get a drink. We heard the toilet seat slamming down after he pulled his head out. It was so funny. He has also figured out how to flip the baby gate up so he can crawl under it to get out of the back hall way. He is by far the smartest dog I have ever owned. I love him to death though.

post-12287-0-36757100-1409256950_thumb.j

post-12287-0-76094400-1409257103_thumb.j

post-12287-0-54427200-1409257123_thumb.j

Welcome to the joys of owning a husky!  My oldest figured out how to turn the lamp on next to my bed.  So when I refuse to get out of bed at 0-dark-30 he will turn the light on so it wakes me up.  I then have to tell myself over and over again, just how much I love him.  lol

welcome to the pack :D

I have feeding issues with my boys too, we rehomed Koda, our black and white and he was always an only dog before coming to us, he's so bad with food so they're all fed in their crates now to avoid the fights!

Look forward to seeing some pics of all your pets :)

Yup, that's life with a husky!!  My Nikko is the same way, very destructive when he gets into one of his moods. I am always finding something that he has destroyed!  The other day I am getting ready for an interview and I look over and he has ripped my tie to shreds :o

Jason, that sounds about right. lol we heard him the other night ripping up a plastic bag. luckily I got it from him before he swallowed any of it. But he has a sleeping bag down on the floor in our back hallway and he has started pulling the stuffing out of it too... he has a ball and a tug rope and refuses to play with the moose we have for them.