To Get A Second Husky Or Not?

damon

Hi everyone, I would really like to get a companion for my 6 month old male husky. He is no problem what so ever. I dont know wether it is to soon to get other one just now or wether it is best to wait till he is older? Any suggestions?

If you are where you want to be with training, the right time just depends on if YOU are ready!  It will be twice the fur and twice the cost!  I got a second one when my first was 9 months old, but he was a terror and I wanted him to get through all of the training classes first.

When to get a second depends on several factors. You and your lifestyle and ststion in life is one. Your current dog is one. And the potential addition to your pack is one. It is best to have some separation between the first and second as far as when, only because it makes setting the ground rules easier when there is one introduction at a time. Although I can see the potty training issue having to deal with it twice. That gives credence to looking at a rescue for the second.

Huskies in the Heartland

Yeah, that was a nightmare...it was like a full year of the puppy stage!

I honeslty wish I got my two at the same time. I am now suffering through the puppy stage again when I could have gotten it all out of the way at once.

I've had my second for two weeks now and I must say, I'm lucky, they hit it off really fast, however I rescued ice at 18months in january and rescued sabre at just under 7months two weeks ago. They get on great but still have their squabbles, if you really do want a second companion for your current, I really would rescue, that way you skip having to potty train apart from fixing the newbie to your routine (a few accidents)