Separation Anxiety - Being Left Constantly

My neighbours have a dog ( rottie x gsd) who has what I'm pretty sure is a really bad case of separation anxiety they always go out and leave him and when they do he barks and howls constantly , we don't see them so don't really get to talk to them about it so what else can we do? Do we report it? Will anything be done? We don't want to get on the bad side of them but it's not fair on the dog sometimes they leave it at night too which keeps my mum awake , they went away on holiday with someone just checking in on him a few times a day it's so cruel Imo and I really wanna help or do something for him , he's a lovely dog but can't be happy , I never see him being walked either ( only once that I've seen) any ideas?

I have the same situation with my neighbour. It is heartbreaking, but seeing it was rescue I would hate to think what would happen if the dog was taken away. I don't know what the dog wardens are like in your neck of the woods but if I reported to the council they may or may not get a fine and that would be it. If I reported to the RSPCA then they would have to prove that the dog was being mistreated  or suffering in no uncertain terms. 

I have opted to keep my dismay to myself, I know she loves her dog but the time alone is too much in my opinion. I surmised that three would be upset if I lodged a complaint;  My neighbour, the dog in question and me. 

they've had him (zeus) since he was a puppy but he's always been like this and it stresses skyla out too whenever he's left in the garden instead of the house she cries when she hears him , I don't want them to loose him or anything but he's still young n it's not fair on the dog to live like this :-/

I don't know what the solution is. It sounds like you only have three choices; Talk to them, report them, or don't do anything.

If you talk to them I suppose you could always suggest a DAP collar or thunder shirt to help with the separation anxiety but it sounds like a lot of training is what is needed and that is a hard one to suggest to another dog owner  :mellow: Maybe just suggesting the collar or shirt will be enough for them to realise there is a problem. Dunno if they are nice people or psychos so you would have to assess  your own safety.

If the people spend such a long time away from their dog  it is unlikely that they will all of a sudden start spending more time because of a report or complaint anyway.

I feel for you as it is not nice to hear a dog that is stressed. My only concern is that an action from you may result in a bad reaction from them and put the safety of your family at risk  :(

You are from UK. If you report it,will it be taken to a shelter and the owners will get punished ? 

Are the dogs treated well in shelters ?

Here,we can't report "home" dog (pet) as we don't have laws,or even if we have,the police says they can't do much about it.

If you report street dog to take him into shelter,after 1 week if noone picks it they put him to sleep.

So if i was you,and if we have good animal police/shelters,i would report the dog right now.

They won't get punished and the dog won't get taken away last time I reported someone they just got reminded of their responsibilities as a dog owner ( theirs kept escaping) zeus owners are nice enough people I just never see them to approach the subject I'm wondering if messaging his brother who I have on Facebook is a good idea or not though

How about tell them to give the dog to someone who has more time for it,but tell them in cool way like you want to help.

I know that in USA there is animal police,watched some stories and episodes on Animal Planet.That's why asked for reporting..

Maybe leave a letter in there letter box asking them to come see you when they are free to talk about there dog?

Does the dog do anything if you talk to it through the fence? Might be enough to settle the dog a bit? Not sure what else to suggest