My Puppy In Heat?

FlaHusky

My husky pup is about 10 months now and I am pretty sure shes going into heat. Her private area seems red and she is starting to drip blood on the floor and her bed. I made a post before that I have a pitbull male who is not fixed and Im going to try and schedule her an appointment to get fixed ASAP. The worse thing I can do is have her get pregnant and I don't want that. Money has been a major issue lately but I want to get this done.

Any recommendations ? I have a 4ft long by 2 1/2 foot cage I have been recently putting her in while I leave. I don't live with my dad or brothers but when they leave I know she is left out with the other dog.....

You are going to have your hands full. Have you considered having the male neutered now, since the female would most likely not be a candidate for spaying until her season is over, and that may be too late.

I'm going to discuss that with my father. The male has one testical but I know its still possible to get her pregnant. Hes a big dog and is inside more than he should be so he has a lot of energry built up... Hopefully if he does get neutered it will calm him down.