Trouble While Walking My Dogs

Aliciajean1977

Ok so yesterday I took Thor out with comet and the kids for his first walk out which he loved  :)   Now we only go up to our local park as my youngest can play while I walk the dogs. now I decided to go up to the park again today to keep the routine the same as yesterday so he becomes familiar to the area only to be greeted half way round by 2 dogs OFF LEADS I shouted to the owners to retrieve their dogs and put them on leads but as they got closer they began growling at my 2. Comet stood and growled back but Thor started shaking the owners shouted them but they took no notice so I stamped my foot to shoo them back which worked they backed off slightly so I shouted to the owners again to get their dogs on leads so they again shouted their dogs which they both went back to their owners......... My poor lil Thor was left shaken and didn't want to walk afterwards. Not a nice experience for Thor to have on his 2nd outing so will be looking for somewhere else to take my babies for a walk. As Thor was shaking really bad I hope that this wont affect him when we go out again.

it clearly states on the gateway to the park that all dogs must be kept on leads so why people feel the need to ignore this especially when there are kids about is beyond me some people are so irresponsible!!

If i had my phone i would have Rob but left it at home with my son TYPICAL.

I agree Sarah sometimes i wonder myself....

Im hoping not Andy. Comet not bothered she is 4 now and will stand her ground with anyone or thing but Poor Thor i just wanted to pick him up bless him but he got to realise there are dogs like that out there and he will have to deal with it or he will never go out apart from the garden which isnt good fo him

Skye got attacked by a collie dog off lead when she was quite young, luckily she wasn't bothered (I was more shaken than she was lol) I make a point of avoiding that particular dog if we see it now though just in case, now she's bigger I'd hate for her to retaliate and get herself into trouble, I just know it would end up being her fault somehow being she's such a "scary" dog (not!).

It just shouldn't be that way though should it?! It amazes me daily the number of dogs we see walking or running miles ahead of their owners, where's the responsibility of ownership? What would they do if they needed to control their dog quickly?

Noah was chased by 3 golden retrievers when he was 13 weeks in an off lead  walk in a forest.  All the owner could say was the 3rd ones not mine and laughed.  Luckily some people who we had met on the walk earlier caught him and kept him safe.. This was our first lesson in don't let you husky off lead and never trust other people till you know them and their dog.  Also it teaches you lots of respect for other people on their walks.  Noah has not suffered from this experience and is not shy to say hello.  These things happen.  But on lead means on lead and of lead means be aware cause some people do not have the brains they were born with and will let dogs do what they want and will not even try to call there dog back. 

Saying that Noah is mistook for a vicious dog as we have people say my dog was attacked by a dog like that.. and pick there dog up.. or stand there and tell you all about this experience whilst the doggies are happily sniffing each other, oblivious to the fact that this is the dog like that. 

i went back to the park with my 2 today and came across another dog it gad a lead on but the girl didnt have a very good grip so it came towards me i just said please get hold of your dog which she did very quickly.

I also took my 2 down by the river 2nd walk where there was a family with a dog that was quite a way in front NO LEAD i stopped got my 2 to sit and shouted again please get hold of you dog the woman shouted it and it stopped and turned to her she nelt down and the dog ran back to her atleast it listened to her unlike the 2dogs we encountered yesterday.

I know how you feel though carly our dogs would be in the wrong if they retaliated even if they are on the lead. Some people really need to learn responsibility x