Ugh! People.

BIGBY

I can't be the only person to get certain people who overreact unnecessarily when they see their dog?

Screaming in front of me and my dog when he's not even doing anything is just pissing me off and exciting Bigby. Then refusing to cross the street while we're on a small path because you're "scared" isn't helping the situation because at the end of the day I can't easily budge a nearly 60kg dog who is excited because you're screaming! 

its unbelievable how many times i use to get this with ice, especially when entering certain areas with particular religions being the main build up of that area, They don't seem to realise that..yes you may be scared or not like dogs, i however love my dog and still need to walk them. The way i see it, huskies aren't small, if i saw something i was fearful of or didnt like i'd cross the road or go into an open garden to let it past. Why these people feel the need to make a huge scene about it i dont know. Its like a jogger i encountered with when i had first got sabre, she claimed i wasn't allowed to walk my dogs in the dog park because she was jogging there :\ 

Nope, you're definitely not the only one. Although I'll let you in on a secret here, on the outside I try to remain composed and act like normal but sometimes its incredibly hard because on the inside I'm laughing my head off. I know that's a bit mean but honestly I can't help it. Lol[emoji15]

Look at it from their point of view (yes i agree they are overeacting though) I have had some idiots like this and i do try and look at it from their point of view in that they are genuinely scared... i've sometimes tried to make it easier for them and moved out their way but said what i am doing to make them calm down or feel more at ease and i find doing things like this they tend to be alot better if you ever see them again anyway! Then again mine wont react like that both mine will remain calm even if we have to pass these people they would probably look at them like they are silly tbh!

Just sometimes remember not everyone likes dogs, big or small would be like if a giant spider was coming my way i would probably react like that LOL

We call these people our victims, and yes its not nice, but if you don't try and laugh about the poor wretches who will never know the love, happiness and friendship a dog of any size can bring you would never enjoy a walk...

Yesterday we were just walking Noah and Bella home and there was a mum, her friend and a little girl.  The little girl said "look dogs", then she said "I don't like big dogs", instead of saying "dogs are really nice but you should never touch one unless you are allowed to", the mum said "Mummy doesn't like big dogs either" (reinforcing the idea that big dogs are bad)... So and I know this is really wrong and childish and not helping the cause I said "Its alright My dogs don't like you cause you smell".  I also said and "I don't like kids"  I have children and I love them but the words were out of my mouth before I could stop them... :redface1:  As a mature educated women I should feel ashamed :D

This subject makes me so mad.... :angry:  As we go out of our way to be considerate to people,  If its a tight gap we sit the dogs down, short leash and let them through etc... Most of the time it is appreciated but there some out there that I wish they were allowed to bite....