Average Lifespan Of A Husky

Maz51

How long can these gorgeous dogs live for? And does the mix of HuskyxMalamute increase due to genetics ? Given good health, exercise, stimulation and of course... unreputed loving!

Just had a quick google on Wikipedia for you. 12-15 years is showing as the average for a sibe but there have been some who have lived a little longer.

Malamutes are coming up with an average life span of between 13-16 years. Not too much difference between them really.

Depends on the dogs I guess , a staffs life span is 12-14 years a whippets is 12-15 yet my staffy x whippet is around 16years old n even tho he's recently started to loose his hearing he's still doing 2 half hour walks a day and sometimes runs around the garden with my huskies and is faster than them too ( they're nearly 6 and 5)

I def believe health and exercise incl jumping for sticks or tug ropes builds strong bones and muscles that last into later life. My beautiful Boxer went to just over 13.5 yrs and only then became lame and incontinent quite suddenly. Big boy too with a 34" chest & 2" ins taller than most.

Our first Husky, Elke, lived to be over 14 years. Everything I've read indicates average lifespan anywhere from 10 to 15 years. I heard of one Husky that lived to be 18, but have no personal knowledge of that.