Never Been So Angry

mylilhuskyboyICE

So I go with my brother to get a bike from hackney, go to get a train and this IDIOT throws a hot and spicy chicken wing at ice for him to catch, I could only get half out of his mouth so I assume he swallowed the main bone as I didn't even hear a crunch! Can't make him vomit as the bone would probably do more damage coming back up but I'm just hoping he's ok, I had a go at the man and he looked at me puzzled he didn't seem to acknowledge the fact I said he could have killed my dog! Argh!! I hope he's going to be okay! He seems okay, active ect but not too sure how it is going to come out if it does come out :\

Not every cooked chicken bone will splinter badly.

Chances are most don't.

However because some do we always advise not to give your dogs cooked chicken bones.

Keeping everything crossed he's ok.

Ah bones a contentious subject.  White poo from the 70's was put down to calcium deposits from bones..  widely used in dog food at the time and other products hence the Mad cow out break.  When do you "give a dog a bone"?  to young they can break there teeth.. what bone part should be given knuckle..... etc

Unfortunately people think they are being kind as they do not understand that when a bone is cooked it changes and can cause it to splinter.  I would say this was a case of kind ignorance and not malicious intention.

I hope Ice is ok as Andy says not every cooked bone will splinter.  I have found that bones you can get from pet shops can look really dangerous to once chewed ..

If we could change the world and educate every body to thoughtfulness to all their/our  actions the world would be a better place. But until then we have to be as vigilant as possible.   I'm so sorry this has happened to Ice and you. X

I hate people who put there bins out the night before collection as this gives foxes a chance to rip them apart.  It does not matter how careful you are on the walk next day they always seem to find chicken bones.  I moan at people at work who do this and tell them they are really inconsiderate.  Even the ones who have pets do this.. Now that makes me angry..

Hachi always manages to find cooked bones hidden in the grass that the foxes have left. If he finds them ,he gobbles them before I can remove them  :(     Max and Blue have never done this.  I spoke to the vet about it and he thinks that Hachi is super resilient!!   It's a big worry though. He is getting better and I can make him leave things he would probably have eaten in the past.

For someone to throw a cooked bone towards your dog is terrible!  Hope Ice is ok.

Geez, some people really are so ignorant. I know I would have up for assault if that happened to me.

Anyway, I wouldn't be too concerned, Ronin has gobbled up the odd cooked chicken bone when we are walking and I haven't been quick enough to get if off him. As others have said it is something that should be avoided due to some risk but it is rarely a problem with the odd stolen wing etc. Obviously if one was to fee d cooked bone all the time the risk increases exponentially. 

I was at a friend place having a bbq and he was tossing the lest over lamb chop bones to his Lab! I was shocked and asked him what he was doing and he said, eh, he has had them for his entire life!  :o , luckily another friend who was equally shocked and also said it can be dangerous.

So what I am basically saying is that it should be okay but keep an eye on him, feed full meals too so any undigested parts can easily be carried in the poop. 

I always use slippery elm wham Ronin has swallowed something he shouldn't have as I created a protective coating on the stomach and digestive track.