Maple Syrup Pancakes

Val (Zebedee)

Arghhhh Val you are too cruel.

Now you've got me jonesing for American style pancakes and maple syrup.

and I can't coz I'm diabetic. . . Grrrrrrr Arrrrgghhhhh :P

It used to be really hard to get maple syrup over here as most places either didn't sell it at all or else charged a ridiculous price for it.  We used to have to rely on supplies coming over when Paul's relatives flew in to visit, lol.

Don't really eat breakfast most of the time but will confess I do love a good fry up!  :up:  Heart attack on a plate it may be but does taste good.  ;)

Not far from me is Burton Ohio,  The Pancake Capital,  and since I was born, my parents took me and the rest of my family to Burton in the spring for the festival, so I never missed 1 year ever, so thats 52 years ... thats a lot of pancakes  LOL  and now that both of my parents are gone I still continue to go, taking the rest of the family, even if they cant go, I still go.....I get the Buckwheat pancakes and they give ya sausage patty n coffee, and all the pancakes you can eat, yum  with syrup pulled from the local trees and boiled down right at the log cabin in town where you can go and see it being made.  its always a fun time, some of the wait time to get in could end up being a hour to 2 at the most busy time, but I go early so its about 1/2 n hour.

My favorite breakfast? Actually, one of them I had when I was in the UK. Two eggs, fried potato slices, two sausage links, two slices of wheat toast, all smothered in ketchup. My other favorite breakfast is a stack of cakes with blueberry syrup. And my third favorite breakfast is a cup of coffee, which is my everyday breakfast.

hmm that's a though one... I'd have to say maple syrup (the real stuff not the cheap crap they call maple syrup) on freshly made waffles.. but then another side of me is screaming... BACON BUTTIE! I think it's buttie, either that or buddie.. It's hard to tell with the scouse accent really.. Anyway, yup that's why dilemma hehe.