People Annoy Me!

Bambi92

Rant warning lol

This girl I went to school with had 5 animals at one stage 3cats (all pts) 2dogs staffy (pts a few weeks ago) and a collie I think the collie is the only one left but now she says on Facebook that she is going to get this dog pts because it escapes and doesn't like dogs I tried to help her with her other animals so I gave up being nice and trying to help and had a bit of a snap at her not intending to be mean but it probably can't across like it someone else said training and secure the yard and she said 'but we can't' I don't like when someone says that it's not that they can't it's that there to damn lazy and the dog has to suffer for it.

I told her if she can't secure the yard and doesn't want to train the dog don't get one it's not fair on the dog to suffer.

I'm waiting to see what she says she won't like it.

I honestly don't get how to get through to her she just doesn't listen to any advice people give her then has a cry about 'having no choice' but to pts there's always a choice!!!!!

Any ideas on how to get through to her? I hate seeing the fact that in less then a year 3 cats and a dog possibly a second dog are pts it makes me angry and upset

Don't think she liked what I said oops she deleted the post

So I messaged her saying I'm not trying to be a cow or anything I want to try and help her with her collie and that I was told Sasha hated kids, small animals and cats but she now lives with my son, a cat and another small dog I'm hoping she will reason with me and at least take in what I suggest to her

You know in schools they were doing that thing where they had a baby doll and they had to take it home.. Maybe they ought do the same with animals.  Have a puppy, kitten, rabbit etc for 1- 2 months and they have to pass this test before they get a license to even buy/own/adopt.

When I got my rabbits Guinea Pigs from the rescue they were so strict about size of hutch & run  and then they came later about 2-3 months to makes sure they were still healthy and being cared for. 

Trouble is the policing of it all. 

I hope you manage to help this girl and she either puts the dog up for adoption or see's the error of her ways. Good luck.

Well all I got was that she isn't getting the dog pts which is good but in saying that she still doesn't get it dogs need training not just to be left in and out side the house she seeks the attention but doesn't want the help given to her I even researched places to get the dog trainer properly and told her what to do about her fencing but she just said ok I can't do that it's a rental but what I suggested wouldn't of affected the rental because I've done it to ours and they said it's fine

Well all I got was that she isn't getting the dog pts which is good but in saying that she still doesn't get it dogs need training not just to be left in and out side the house she seeks the attention but doesn't want the help given to her I even researched places to get the dog trainer properly and told her what to do about her fencing but she just said ok I can't do that it's a rental but what I suggested wouldn't of affected the rental because I've done it to ours and they said it's fine

In the UK, you can't just make major changes to a property you are renting - the landlord could charge you to reinstate the original fence if they don't like the new fence. A quick google suggests it is the same in Australia - http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2011/04/can-you-renovate-if-youre-renting/.

I'm not suggesting that your landlord is going to charge you for changing the fence (as he has said it is fine) but it would be worth checking with them before making any other changes in future.

No idea why people are so, ugh. Link was a victim of one of these owners too, who got dogs but then they were pts or given away once their newness wore off. Thankfully I was able to give Link a great home.

And even if they cant build a fence due to it being a 'rental' or whatnot, there's tie outs, or taking the dog outside on a leash. For christ's sake I own four dogs and I live in an apartment - my LIFE revolves around taking the dogs outside on leash all day when I'm home. If I can do it with four dogs, and my full-time job, alone, she sure as heck can take care of one dog to take it out on lead a few times a day to not allow it to escape her property.

In the UK, you can't just make major changes to a property you are renting - the landlord could charge you to reinstate the original fence if they don't like the new fence. A quick google suggests it is the same in Australia - http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2011/04/can-you-renovate-if-youre-renting/.

I'm not suggesting that your landlord is going to charge you for changing the fence (as he has said it is fine) but it would be worth checking with them before making any other changes in future.

I have a great owner he allows us to do whatever we want as long as we tell them about it.

This person says she has a good owner they allowed her to change the gate but that apparently didnt work and that's all they have tried what makes this worse is this dog is 10years old!

They are now trying to rehome him in 3days or they are taking him to the rspca I said to her to ask a rescue for an assisted rehoming or if they aren't willing to do that take him to Renbury farm they are a pound but they do everything they can to find there animals a home they even keep them over there stay time.

I really hope she doesn't get any more animals until they either secure there yard or they move to a place that does have a secure yard.

Everyone else is left to pick up the pieces and they either PTS or dump them at a pound :( I honestly don't know what else to say to her :( l am just about ready to say something she won't like one bit but I need to bite my tongue but if she gets another animal I won't be biting my tongue I don't understand why people think this is acceptable to do to animals its one thing to take a dog in need in and help it find a home but it's another to get a dog from a shelter then give up on it only to PTS or dump it back at a shelter.

She said in one post on Facebook 'why does this keep happening to us' someone replied because you keep putting yourself and the animals in this position they took the words out of my mouth.

No idea why people are so, ugh. Link was a victim of one of these owners too, who got dogs but then they were pts or given away once their newness wore off. Thankfully I was able to give Link a great home.

And even if they cant build a fence due to it being a 'rental' or whatnot, there's tie outs, or taking the dog outside on a leash. For christ's sake I own four dogs and I live in an apartment - my LIFE revolves around taking the dogs outside on leash all day when I'm home. If I can do it with four dogs, and my full-time job, alone, she sure as heck can take care of one dog to take it out on lead a few times a day to not allow it to escape her property.

I think it's a case of she doesn't want to take the time of day to do it because she works and goes out partying every weekend. Laziness is one word that comes to mind. I do it with three dogs a cat fish and a baby like you said she sure as hell can do it with just her and her partner I could slightly understand if they were never home during the week but there always home there's no reason for it. I haven't mentioned tie outs I completely forgot about them I'll mention that to her and see what she says thanks for reminding me about them lol

GAAAARRRRRAAAHHHHHHHHH she got another cat! What on earth is wrong with people!!!!!! I feel so sorry for these animals!

I sent her a message yesterday offering to help her and she never relied I don't get it! I'm so tempted to go off at her for getting another cat but it won't help the situation I don't know what to do I don't want to see any more animals be pts or dumped but I don't think anyone will do anything about it :(

:( is there anyone she looks up to? Her parents, maybe? The same message resonates very differently spoken by different people.

Not being rude when I say this but her family are all the same they encourage her with this issue and I don't know any of her friends I know where she works though lol she seen the message I sent her about helping her but she never replied which kind of annoyed me because that just tells me she doesn't care about her dog enough to want the help to possibly keep this dog I just want to slap her to maybe wake her up lol I know that's not nice but nothing I've said to her is getting through I even posted a thing off a animal rescue site that explained what it's like for older dogs in pounds and a post about securing yards but nope that didn't sink in either since people really don't deserve animals :(

Please tell me I'm not the only one that wants to slap her?

She has now got a 5 month old puppy and another cat!!!!!!!!!!

I think she still has Molly the 10 year old dog she was going to get rid of. What would you do if it was you in this position? I feel so sorry for these animals :(